Ladies 5"10 and taller?

Options
Hey ladies,
I've been in the process of losing weight for the past ten months, and Ive lost almost 60lbs so far! I'm 5"11.5, started at 227lbs and i currently weigh 168lbs. My original goal weight was 140, but Im no longer sure that would be right for me, considering my height. Could you tall gals post some pics accompanied with your weight so I can get a realistic idea of what looks good on taller women. I know we all have different frames but this would be so helpful. I'm just so confused about where to go from here, now that my bmi is in a healthy range.

Replies

• jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump im also curious to see what people say
  • MarieAnneN
    MarieAnneN Posts: 205
    Options
    bump!
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 when I was at a good weight I was at 165-170 could be different for you.
  • KeshiaBanks
    KeshiaBanks Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I've been in the process of losing weight for the past ten months, and Ive lost almost 60lbs so far! I'm 5"11.5, started at 227lbs and i currently weigh 168lbs. My original goal weight was 140, but Im no longer sure that would be right for me, considering my height. Could you tall gals post some pics accompanied with your weight so I can get a realistic idea of what looks good on taller women. I know we all have different frames but this would be so helpful. I'm just so confused about where to go from here, now that my bmi is in a healthy range.

Wow! I'm 5'10 and is 140. I love how I look,but I think I should stay where I'm at lol.
  • HolyMolyCow
    HolyMolyCow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 179 and 5'11'' right now and I feel pretty great. I think it depends on how you store fat. I am hippier then my friends. My friends are all taller than me. One of them is 6'1'' and she weighs 172 but she carries all her weight in her stomach and none in her legs and thighs. My other friend is 6' and the same way. I can wear medium clothes generally at this point but I wear a 12-14 size pant. I wouldn't want to be less than 165 by any means. 140 will put you at a very bony point if you are anything like me. How do you feel at 168? Do you still feel heavy?
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This might be helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/790005-5-8-5-11-women-before-after-pics

BTW, I am 5'10", started at 165, with a goal of 145. I have lost about 7 pounds, and haven't seen a difference yet.

Here is my before picture (I don't have a during, or after one): NSFW

WP_000235_zpscee3ff15.jpg

ETA: I had some technical issues with posting the image. ;)
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" myself, and started at 248 here. I dropped 40 pounds off on my own. I'm currently back up to 241.2 due to hypothyroidism, the doctor wants to check me out on a drug (blood test) in 4 weeks. My goal (again) is to get to 200, and damn it all to hell if I don't make it there!!! LOL I have a high school reunion in two years, and I want to surprise everyone that I'm no longer the "fat" girl they used to pick on!!! :laugh:
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am 5'10 and I am currently 80kgs which is 176. My happiest and most comfortable is 73kgs - my avatar picture which is around the 160 mark. I have had 2 kids and would love to get back here - not too skinny and lean and strong :smile:
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10 and under 170 I got called scrony a lot!
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'10". I have a very small frame. I weigh 124, I'm not trying to lose weight just gain muscle!
  • danielleruns
    danielleruns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I still feel a bit heavy but I think it's because I still think of myself as a big girl. Everyone is telling me that I look great. I feel strong and healthy, but I think I could lose about ten to fifteen pounds. I have a large frame, wide hips and size 10.5 feet, so I think that would be enough. You ladies all look fantastic! Its nice to see some other tall girls' builds.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and I weigh 175ish lbs. 38DD, 78 cm waist, 100 cm hips, Size 8/10 jeans. I don't have many body pictures because I hate photographs!

At one point I had gotten down to 148 and you could count my ribs. I was eating 800 cals a day and exercising twice that. My husband told me to make a choice and I chose him over my ED. My goal is around 160 but I'm pretty okay with where I am now.
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 6 ' 0", my current goal is 160 lbs. I have been as low as 148 but I was only eating 1200 cals a day and working out 1.5 hours every day without fail. Needless to say I wasn't healthy. I find I start looking good around 170 or so, but that last 10lbs really makes a difference in my face and overall shape. Can't wait to be there again.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'.
    My goal is 165. I don't think I'll want to go below that personally. If I had a smaller waist I'd be more than happy at 175. I started at 225. I'm 189 now.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    140 seems small for your height but it depends on your build, how much lean body mass you have, how you carry your weight, etc.
  • onefitchick75
    onefitchick75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'11" and weighed in at 143 this morning. I hover between 142-144 most mornings. I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER!!! I eat right and lift weights with a day or two of cardio thrown in a week. You can find my success story here which includes pictures…

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1154161-overweight-to-fit-in-9-months-52-pounds-down

I've dropped about 6 or 7 pounds since I posted it and am currently fitting into a size 4-6 (I thought I would never get to below a 10!).

I can't see myself getting much lighter. Actually, I could see gaining a pound or two of muscle as I continue to lift weights.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have any pictures to share, still in progress, but I am 5'11 and started at 330, my goal to start is 180 and see how I feel/look then. I may aim for 165ish, we'll see, I guess for me, I am not going by the scale so much as how I feel :)
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, in to read later
  • saralukies
    saralukies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall, and my starting weight was 205. I am currently at 186. I carry my weight in my hips, butt and legs, so my top half always slims down really fast. I am looking to get to 175, where I feel I look my best and can maintain. I have a very large frame, (size 12 feet, for example) so it really depends on that, and on where you carry your weight. Good luck to you all, tall ladies!
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Glad someone put this here because I was wondering the same thing. I too am 5'10 and I started at 357. I am currently 297 and want to get down to 180 as my goal weight. However, a lot of people seem to think that it will make me look really really thin. I would really like to be 180 but I need to be a strong 180. Like tight thighs and toned biceps. Most of my weight is carried in my thighs, butt, and hips so I will probably get down to a 12 to 14 at the smallest. But I am ok with that as long as at 180 I look strong and not sick.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!