weird foods that are actually good.

Options
What do you eat that isn't to bad for you and sound weird but tastes good.
Weird combinations,

I like peanut butter, egg and cheese on wheat bread. The flavors once combined go real well together, especially if you like peanut butter.

What foods do you combine? I'm looking to try some new stuff.

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Ketchup and scrambled eggs.
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My hubby thinks it's weird I like peanut butter and honey sandwiches, as well as grated carrot and sultana sandwiches.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs.

Stick hard boiled eggs in a pickle jar and leave them for a few days. They come out green and tasting like egg salad. I love them! We call them Rattlesnake Eggs. :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    According to my DH, who also eats "bloody eggs' (ketchup), mushroom and olives are weird. From a man who's eggs are RED for crying out loud! LOL.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter & sweet pickles on whole wheat bread!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs.

Stick hard boiled eggs in a pickle jar and leave them for a few days. They come out green and tasting like egg salad. I love them! We call them Rattlesnake Eggs. :)

with pickling juice? in the fridge? pantry? just curioius :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs.

with pickling juice? in the fridge? pantry? just curioius :)

prolly fridge i'm guessing.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Whoa! That is quite an odd combo... I can't think of anything too "out there" but my husband likes bbq sauce on his baked sweet potato.

The weirdest combo I have heard is a BLT with peanut butter! That sounds nasty to me, but I have a friend that swears by it.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and bacon sandwiches

hard boiled eggs and honey on toasted bread
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Strawberry wafers cut up in vanilla frozen yogurt (not strange to me, but my boyfriend always raises an eyebrow when I make it)
    Peanut butter and jelly in my salad
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    potato chips on my sandwich or burger....i've been doing it since i was a kid. I also put bbq sauce on my potato. My friend swears by pb & dill pickle sandwiches. I don't trust it yet.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter lettuce and mayo on wheat bread
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the peanut butter pickle sandwich.

Also, I make BLTs: Bacos, lettuce, and thousand island dressing sandwich. I pile on the lettuce, make it super crunchy.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Chopped cocktail olives with the pimento, toasted chopped pecans and cream cheese blended together and spread on toasted raisin bread. My grandmother made these for every road trip. We would pull into rest stops, go to a pic nic table and unwrap the waxpaper wrapped sandwiches and enjoy with sweet tea.

Pineapple rings topped with a dollop of Hellmanns mayo and sprinkled with finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Cantaloupe dusted with fresh cracked pepper

Buttermilk topped with fresh cracked pepper and served with crunchy oatmeal cookies
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    My brother always did popcorn and ranch, BBQ chips and ketchup, and now his new one, goldfish and milk! All gross to me.

My odd ones are probably goldfish and Nutella. I personally love Nutella on almost anything.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    nutella,creme cheese,mustard dip..... Nahhh! kidding that must be terrible lol :laugh: :sick:

I don't eat it anymore cause well...it's not that healthy lol ...not at all but when i was young...my grand'ma would give me some sugar sandwich..she called...it was two piece of bread..with butter and sugar. As weird as it is... it was great! (i was under 10 y.o) cause she died soon after.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    Chopped cocktail olives with the pimento, toasted chopped pecans and cream cheese blended together and spread on toasted raisin bread. My grandmother made these for every road trip. We would pull into rest stops, go to a pic nic table and unwrap the waxpaper wrapped sandwiches and enjoy with sweet tea.

Pineapple rings topped with a dollop of Hellmanns mayo and sprinkled with finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Cantaloupe dusted with fresh cracked pepper

Buttermilk topped with fresh cracked pepper and served with crunchy oatmeal cookies

All of these sound great to me! You reminded me of my mom's 'fruit salad' - lettuce with a canned pear half on it, topped with a spoon of mayo.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese on raisin bread - SOOO yummy!
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I put pepper on my french fries. Does that count?
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    nutella,creme cheese,mustard dip..... Nahhh! kidding that must be terrible lol :laugh: :sick:

I don't eat it anymore cause well...it's not that healthy lol ...not at all but when i was young...my grand'ma would give me some sugar sandwich..she called...it was two piece of bread..with butter and sugar. As weird as it is... it was great! (i was under 10 y.o) cause she died soon after.

My grandma made those too! You reminded me of sugared lemons, which we ate as kids. We'd cover a half of a lemon with sugar and then suck the juice out, through the sugar. Yum!