Help : I'm falling off the wagon

Options
I was doing so well but the last few days are bad! Talk me off the ledge . Please ????????????????????????????????????????

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Don't get stuck in an "all or nothing" mentality. You had a few bad days - so what? The past doesn't have to determine your future. Just pick back up where you left off and resume your normal diet/exercise plan. If you keep moving toward your goals, a bad day here and there is just a blip on the radar. :smile:
  • miss_tooch
    Options
    me too!!!! I think we just gotta keep trying, every little bit counts, I'm going to go for a short walk at lunch!
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When you fall off the wagon chalk it up as a loss and move on. We are all human we all eat stuff we are not supposed too. Just make sure to do good the rest of the week :-)... Breathe, it's ok just get back on track.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Burn the wagon and keep walking. :happy:
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The only person that can help you is you. You gotta want it to earn it.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Bad few days? Don't sweat it.
    I've had a bad few months, but finally getting myself back on track. Just take it one day at a time, and don't beat yourself up for a little blip. :)
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Remember why you want to lose weight in the first place. So you had some bad days - don't let it turn into some bad weeks or months! Then you'll only have a bigger hole to dig yourself out of. What's done is done, now recommit yourself to tracking and making better food choices.

I have days where I feel like giving up, but I ultimately know that the food I think I will enjoy so much in the moment will not bring me the happiness I really want. I love the motto, "Don't give up what you want most for what you want in the moment." That being said, you don't have to give up anything, just fit it into your day and stay at a calorie deficit. If you have been too restrictive, then that might be why you are having such a hard time right now. Try changing your goal to lose -0.5 pound/week - you can eat more and feel more satisfied, and still lose weight, just at a slower more sustainable rate.

You CAN do it - if you mess up today, there is always tomorrow. Just don't throw in the towel!

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • amg120
    amg120 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try to think of the big picture. Stick with things and you're going to be healthier as you get older.

You wouldn't scrap a painting because you made a few smudges. You've got a whole lotta canvas left to make what you want with.
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    at least its only a few days no big deal just get back at it a bad few days to me is nothing compared to the years it took me to start to look after myself in the first place good luck to you