Keeping Motivated on holiday

Any suggestions on how to limit any weight gain when on holiday? Will be walking and swimming when I go to Portugal on Sunday, but as Lent will be over will be back on the wine. Need some suggestions for making good choices.

Replies

• Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Use the swimming/walking as your way to "pay it forward" for any indulgent meals and wine you may consume. Try to limit your consumption of starchy breakfasts, and opt for something high protein with lots of fiber and fruit. If you can, keep your lunch light and clean with chicken, fish, meat and maybe salad. Let your dinner be the big splurge.

If you get in your exercise, you will feel better about your consumption of "treats"...just don't overdo it! There's nothing worse than the nagging feeling of totally going off the rails while on vacation!
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    A fortnight of "All-Inclusive" always sees me add 7-12 lbs.

A lot of it is water weight and generally I can work it off in 2-3 weeks. Yes - it's a month or so of no movement but I like to relax on holiday; I get up - have breakfast .... lay by the pool .... eat lunch .... lay by the pool .... shower .... eat dinner ..... drink in the evening.

It's only 14 days out of 365 in a year. The rest of the year I eat clean and moderate drink.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    keep logging to MFP so that you'd know when to stop over eating, i guess.

OR, just enjoy the holiday and sweat it out when you are back.