BINGE EATING!

Options
2»

Replies

• ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    what if you binge eat because you're depressed, lonely, feel completely superfluous and know eating fills up some time?

Been there myself. I beat it with exercise. Want to eat because you feel crap? Put on trainers, go for a short jog, jog for long enough to get your endorphins up and come home feeling a lot better about yourself. Size etc is no excuse, I'm 237lbs and over 30%bf, am recovering from an ankle injury and I can do it.
    Regular exercise makes me feel awesome, even though I'm still a big fat tub of lard I've regained so much confidence because I'm doing something about it.
    Take the stuff out of your house you tend to binge on, leave a little bit of it so you can still satisfy cravings and get out into the open. You can totally do it, you're not superfluous, you matter as much as anyone else.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    oh and yes eating 5-6 small meals perday do help aloot! so try that with a food that actually fill you up thats low in calories like 2 potatoes with 2 cups of veggies that works for me too
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You need more fat and real food and some occational treat, but don't keep large quantities of temptations in the house. Oh, and you need something to eat after exercising, no wonder you were hungry.
  • aft85
    aft85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I live in a terrible neighbourhood. Jogging is not something i feel comfortable doing.
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I live in a terrible neighbourhood. Jogging is not something i feel comfortable doing.

Then go elsewhere to do it if you can. Stepping out of your comfort zone can be pretty liberating, you end up realising that really there was nothing to worry about in the first place. Or, look up some at home exercise routines on youtube that will get your heart rate up and get you sweating.

I lived in a ****ty neighbourhood at uni to start with so I get what you mean but I just to walk elsewhere to do outdoor stuff.
  • lwestcott1
    lwestcott1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! Long day at work, done with the gym and come home and eat my healthy dinner. Then I sit on the couch after the kiddo has gone to bed watching TV and that's when I tend to want to eat eat eat. Finding healthier alternatives helps me cut out sweets and stop the binging at night. Also making sure my dinner is healthy and filling enough helps alot.

Instead of chocolate, try the suggested chocolate whey protein and greek yogurt. You can also try various yogurts that taste like desserts - Yoplait makes a bunch of them, and Chobani makes some too. These have always helped my sweet tooth. Low fat frozen yogurt can be a huge help. And portion control only helps if you have the willpower to eat ONLY one thing. I tend to eat a reasonable portion of one thing, then go back for something else, eating a reasonable portion of that, and so on.

Another thing that really helps me is watching my alcohol intake. One or two glasses of wine = bing eating. I just don't have anything during the week, and usually only a drink or two on Fridays and Saturdays.