The Completely Guilt Free Ice Cream!

Options
So I've been exercising and logging my food all week. Last night I come back from my evening workout (brisk walk around hilly open space with German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix who doesn't understand "don't pull") and realize that I short 600 calories and according to the chart what I need was fat, protein, and calcium. I had also had an awesome day: I exceeded my goals for steps, active minutes, calories burned, and miles. I remembered I had my last Dark Chocolate Raspberry ice cream bar in the freezer, which was 260 calories.

It was the best d- ice-cream I've had in a long time. Because it was completely guilt free. I wasn't breaking rules (I made no rules, just parameters for my weight loss). I wasn't ruining my calorie deficit or caving to temptation. I was having a treat that fit into my caloric budget. So I sat there in my sweaty clothes and munched away.

:smile:

Replies

• Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love this feeling.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I love this feeling.

yup...I can hardly wait till it warms up and I am over the cadbury eggs so I can eat ice cream again...(mainly the cold atm)
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I was so ready to jump in and start trashing arctic zero.
    But you meant real icecream! Yes!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate + any kind of berry is a winning combination :drinker:
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    yes! This is a great post! So true!! I am so glad you enjoyed that ice cream!! :drinker:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I never feel guilty from eating ice cream. :devil:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    So I've been exercising and logging my food all week. Last night I come back from my evening workout (brisk walk around hilly open space with German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix who doesn't understand "don't pull") and realize that I short 600 calories and according to the chart what I need was fat, protein, and calcium. I had also had an awesome day: I exceeded my goals for steps, active minutes, calories burned, and miles. I remembered I had my last Dark Chocolate Raspberry ice cream bar in the freezer, which was 260 calories.

It was the best d- ice-cream I've had in a long time. Because it was completely guilt free. I wasn't breaking rules (I made no rules, just parameters for my weight loss). I wasn't ruining my calorie deficit or caving to temptation. I was having a treat that fit into my caloric budget. So I sat there in my sweaty clothes and munched away.

Huge win! That's a great feeling!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have learned to fit your macros! :drinker:

I myself enjoyed a small portion of Scotchy Scotch Scotch after a great lifting session with my trainer last night. I weighed out my serving size, and put the rest back in the deep freeze so I won't see it and be tempted again until next time I train with him. It's not worth the ridiculously high calories for the portion size, so I won't be buying it again, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Dude, have you tried banana-only ice cream??? It is so good...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Bananas don't have fat protein or calcium.
  • zellturtle
    zellturtle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your ice cream! Sounds like a delicious flavor
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bananas don't have fat protein or calcium.

Thank you.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Dude, have you tried banana-only ice cream??? It is so good...

No, but I have had banana bars and frozen bananas dipped in chocolate. My parents were really big on "whole fruit" treats instead of popsicles.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I love this post :love:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I was so ready to jump in and start trashing arctic zero.
    But you meant real icecream! Yes!

Hahaha, that was my thought!

But yeah, it's a good feeling. I try to make room every day for a treat of some kind. Lately it's been Ben & Jerry's. :smile:
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    :smile: Go YOU:smile: I think you have this!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    You're doing it right. :happy:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    way to go OP ..

my only question is ..why the hell is there no Talenti Gelato in your freezer????????