Stretch marks

TMDRyan
TMDRyan Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So after almost 100 lbs chucked, I'm to the point where a bikini might be doable. Problem: stretch marks! Who's been here and where do I go, what do I do to get rid of, or at least minimize, my fat scars?

Replies

• katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Have you tried bio oil? It decreases the appearance of stretch marks and scars. From personal experience i can definitely say it works =)
  • I am interested in getting rid of stretch marks too! I probably need to tone up a bit before they are relaxed enough to fade, but I have a ton on my inner and outer thighs :brokenheart:

Have you tried bio oil? It decreases the appearance of stretch marks and scars. From personal experience i can definitely say it works =)

I googled it and was all excited, but it is not available where I live:grumble: ! Haha. I wonder if it is possible to DIY a version at home from oils?? :noway:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I googled it and was all excited, but it is not available where I live:grumble: ! Haha. I wonder if it is possible to DIY a version at home from oils?? :noway:

Ebay, friends abroard?

Bio oil is supposed to be excellent at scar fading, the earlier you start, the better the results so I'd start using now before toning etc

Mine are probably too old to see a benefit, came with my first pregnancy 22 years ago but if I start to get more once the weight starts coming off I will definitely invest
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Bio oil is great. I was covered after my first pregnancy, so I used Bio Oil from the start of my second and never got one new stretch mark and helped some in getting rid of the old ones.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I need to look into the bio oil stuff. Streachmarks are getting really bad on my lower abs.
This discussion has been closed.