124»

Replies

• VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hang in there it will Work !!!!!
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    You don't have that much left to lose, so this is the time it gets tough. Stick with it. Even if you hit a plateau for a week or two, it'll get back on track.
  • ktob
    ktob Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have struggled with a plateau on a few occasions and these are things that have helped me;

- increasing protein
    - having a week off. Really! I ate calories to maintain weight (for me around 2000) and the following week restricted calorie intake and started losing again
    - upping calories - this also worked for me. I was taking working to 1200 a week and upped to 1800 (while exercising a lot) and I started losing again.

Also, as many people have said, particularly as a woman, your weight will fluctuate from day to day. Personally I think weighing once a week is enough but everyone has different preferences.

I also read recently that the last pounds are really "vanity" pounds and are notoriously difficult to lose. It's hard not to let weight dictate how you feel but it's really important to try to keep it in perspective. If you're eating healthily on a daily basis and exercising regularly, you are already massively benefiting your body and your future health.

I wish you the best of luck and plenty of good heath and happiness. I'll be keen to hear if you start losing again. :)
  • kellysdavies
    kellysdavies Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are getting a lot of consistent advice that you seem to be dismissing out of hand - there is a lot of weight loss experience behind a lot of these posts!!

My take on it is:
    You have set a far too aggressive weight loss goal for the amount of weight you have to lose.
    Your logging isn't accurate.
    You are being far, far too impatient.

And what I mean by conflicting is if I am incorrectly logging then I am eating more yet the advice by a lot of people is to eat more...