Wall...

Options
I have always been pretty fortunate in the past that I could lose weight very quickly if I kept my calories down. A couple of years ago I dropped 30 pounds in a year without much trouble. Well, this time it is different. I had gotten up to 250, which is the heaviest I have ever been, and when I started watching calories, I dropped about two pounds per week for the first 4 weeks. Then this last week my weight has just stayed steady at 240. Now what really gets me is that I am eating around 500 calories less than what MFP says I can to lose 1 Lb./week. So I should be way under my daily intake. I have a Fitbit One and it is showing very high calorie burn. I tend to average climbing around 25 floors per day and walk a around 8K steps per day.

Is this temporary? Do you think that I am taking in so few calories that my body is going into starvation mode or something? According to Fitbit and MFP, I am burning 900-1,000 more calories than I am eating every day.

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    One week without losing? I wouldn't worry about it. It's not always going to be the same. If you go several weeks without losing, then you may have to look into possible logging errors or over estimating calorie burns. (which Fitbit can do, btw)

And no, you're probably not going into "starvation mode".
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you may lose 2 pounds, some weeks 0.5 pounds, and some weeks none. It's just the way it is. If you go for a few weeks with no movement, then I would look at shaking up your routine. For now, you fall into the "perfectly normal" category.