Zyrtec & weight gain, anyone gone off it?

Options
I'm not sure if it's a solution, but I have terrible cravings and am blaming Zyrtec. We'll see what happens. Anyone have problems taking it?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My friend has 2 daughters with Cystic Fibrosis and one of the side effects of the many meds they take is loss of appetite. These girls are so tiny that their CF doctor prescribed Zyrtec for them to increase their appetite. Since then I did some research and allergy meds are known to cause an increase in appetite. I personally tried going off my Zyrtec last year to see if it made a difference in my appetite and it did not. I ended up with pneumonia last month though from all the excess drainage and went back on Zyrtec, still no noticeable appetite changes.. :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I've been taking zyrtec more lately and I've been hungrier, I wonder if it's linked...
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any increase in appetite at all just lots of extra sleep.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I've taken Zyrtec for years and never had any problems.
  • girlsgametoo
    Options
    I have to take Zyrtec every other day. Been on it for over a year. I hate it so much. It makes me tired no matter if I sleep 9 hours. I have to drink a ton of water to feel halfway awake and it makes it very hard for me to focus at times. I believe it increases anxiety but it's the only thing that works for my chronic hives. :( As for appetite, not increased but these other side effects really bother me.