5 A Day

Options
13»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    One type of fruit/vegetable can't count as more than one serving, regardless of size. And juice only count as one per day.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think I usually reach at least 5, but like others, I really like fruit and vegetables.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    This is a great question. I'm working hard to hit my protein goals, and find there's not a lot of room for veggies. I try to squeeze in some chocolate, but with eating at a deficit, my diary is a lot of dairy and meat and not a lot of veggies. I do take a multivitamin.

this really truly surprises me.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    So what exactly is a "serving"? A cup? I usually have at least 4 cups of veggies just at dinner. A few more during the day, and a banana or something with my breakfast shake.
    If you are talking U.S. guidelines, about a half a cup, unless you are eating greens like lettuce, spinach, kale, that can be doubled. So, that is 8 servings you have at dinner, good for you!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So what exactly is a "serving"? A cup? I usually have at least 4 cups of veggies just at dinner. A few more during the day, and a banana or something with my breakfast shake.

The WHO definition is 80 grams.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    If you are talking U.S. guidelines, about a half a cup, unless you are eating greens like lettuce, spinach, kale, that can be doubled. So, that is 8 servings you have at dinner, good for you!

It's usually broccoli. Sweet, I'm doin somethin right.