Ive lost 7 Stone......scared to put weight back on though!!

Options
Hiya - this is my first post on here, however i have been using the Fitnesspal App since i started dieting - April 12th 2010 ( 6 Months ago ). I have lost 7 Stone 8/10 pounds - starting at 20.10 Stone (first weigh in) and now around 13 stone. I am feeling alot healthier, much more active and fitter and leaner.

I have worked super hard for the last 6 months and never expected to get down to such a low weight, but as i kept reaching goals (19 stone,17 stone, then 15 stone) i wanted to keep going and have done. However, i am now in fear of putting on weight due my inner thoughts that if i was to eat around 2200-2500 calories my body will gain weight, even though deep down i know thats what my body should consume.

I am still eating very healthy - with lots of Fruit, Veg, Turkey and Fish in my diet, which leads to a maximum calorie intake normally of around 1500-1800 and i exercise 3/4 times a week. I have been having a cheat day - which normally happens on a Saturday where i normally treat myself to a meal out, takeaway or sweets and i have read many articles in the health industry which state it is good to have a "Cheat" or "Fatty" day..............

.............but i am so worried during the week that i may put on weight if i was to eat 2000 calories a day, the reason why?? My body has been able to survive and lose weight by eating less and in my head its as though if i up my calories it will put on weight? For example, i treated myself to a piece of apple crumble and custard this week once after dinner, and yet even though still being 500-800 calories under my limit for the day i start to feel guilty.

Any advice, support, opinions would be welcome.......i have worked so hard to feel the best i have ever and weigh less than i did when i was 19,18,17,16 (im now 23) and i dont EVER want to go back to 21 stone.

Thanks

Replies

• jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Go into the application, readjust your settings, and see how many calories it takes you to maintain your current weight. If you're working out, 2000 to 2200 calories sounds about right, but that depends on some other factors too. I think that guilty feeling you have when you've eaten badly is a natural feeling that most people have when they want to stay fit.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I do relate to the fear that al the hard work and dedication would be for nothing if i put it all back on!

Now that you are maintaining your wieght, you should continue to weigh in, maybe one a week, or less often, and you will be able to figure out if your wieght is staying the same (in which case you've got the balance right), still going down (in which case you need to eat more) or going up, which means you are eating too much.

If you are keeping a record then even if you do put a little bit back on you will be able to nip it in the bud. Put it this way, you won't be 21 stone unless you stop paying attention to your body! And after all that work (and the fact that you are worrying about it means it is still in the front of your mind) you are bound to relate differently to your body (which you have imporved so much over several months of hard work) and the way you relate to food will undoubtedly be different, you will still be thinking about what you are eating, even though you are not dieting!

Hope thats helpful!

Well done on a wonderful achivement!

Sam : )
  • ryanbuckman
    Options
    Hey - thanks alot for your support. I guess your right.....i am thinking about what is going into my body and since i started i have become alot more aware of what i consume. I think its just a case of balancing it....eating well, and yes indeed having a cheat day at the weekend where i have a treat - even sat and sunday if im playing football? Viable?

A freind of myn stated that eating so healthy for 98% of the time is what allows you to enjoy yourself at the weekend or on a weekend away?!!

Ryan