muscle spasm???

Nathalia2009
Nathalia2009 Posts: 75 Member
I have been working out for while now. I was at 190 down to 172. Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning. I did the planet fitness 30 min workout (15 min cardio / 15 min weights). I felt great afterwards. I came home. Cooked breakfast for the kids. Got everyone dressed for school. Then went to get into the shower. As I was taking my sports bra off I felt this awful sharp pain in my upper left shoulder area. I could not turn left, move my left arm, This pain was awful! It got so bad I was in tears and made it to the bed where my daughter brought me my phone to call my husband home. He took me to the doctor and the doctor said I had a very tight and active muscle spasm. He gave me a cordizone (spelling) shot, hydrocodien (spelling), and some other muscle relaxer. I feel better today but still cant turn left without feeling a pinch. This has never happened to me before.

Is this normal?I was seriously just taking of my bra? How long does it usually take to go away? I want it gone so I can get back to working out lol.

Replies

• Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    The body is a funky thing...I threw my back out picking up dog poop in the back yard once. Sounds like a pinched nerve more than muscle spasm, but I’m not a doctor. Rest and relax and let it heal before going gangbusters on working out.