Normal Eating Plans

Options
So I am a 20 year old petite female and honestly I want to learn how to eat intuitively again. Counting and measuring just cannot be a life sentence. So I have come to you all in hopes to learn what other 20 year old petite females eat? Or what do you see your friends eat? Please don't hesitate to provide a full day of normal eating. Any information is better than none. Could really use some guidance.

Replies

• sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 26 and 5'5" so I don't know if my stats are helpful for you. A normal "good day" for me looks like:
    1. Oatmeal and boiled egg
    2. String cheese and grapes
    3. Salad (big one, with chicken)
    4. Orange
    5. Tofu stir fry with broccoli and rice

That's what I had yesterday.
    A normal "bad day" for me looks like what I had today:
    1. Protein shake
    2. Boiled egg
    3. Bowl of cereal
    4. Jr. Chocolate Frosty
    5. Fish and Chips

I eat between 1400 and 1800 calories, and the in between averages out to maintenance for me. I make sure I eat portions that only make me full, not stuffed. I limit my snacks to small, healthy things. If I know I'm going out for a greasy dinner, I eat a lighter breakfast and lunch.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you can, plan ahead. Plan on 3 fruits and 4 vegetables throughout the day. Then look at protein goals. The breads/grains will fall into place then.

Here's my intake:

Breakfast:
    1.5 cups unsweetened 30 cal almond milk
    1 pkg of any brand healthy oatmeal mixed with 1/3 cup quinoa
    or 2 hardboiled eggs with mustard.

Lunch:
    400 cal salad made with fresh spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken, ham, feta, green peppers, cucumber, Garlic Expressions dressing.

Dinner:
    Today is leftovers from last night; Chicken Marsala (about 450 cals)

Snacks: grapes, apple, mango, orange (pick 2-3)

I'm 5'8" and 137 lbs and at maintenance for about a year now. I burn 1550 cals daily.

If you shop weekly and buy all the fixings for salads, it's not too hard. Fresh vegetables are very important to your cells. I'm not against cooking them but there's something to be said about live. Vegetables are very low in calories and you can't very easily overeat them.

Watch your grain intake. It's very easy to abuse. Make fruits and vegetables your priority.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am 25 years old, not necessarily petite (5'9" but with a small frame and on the lower end of the BMI range), and actually just yesterday came up with an eating plan for myself in hopes of stepping away from calorie counting soon. I currently *net* anywhere from 1800-2200 calories per day and easily maintain on that amount.

Breakfast:
    -egg white oatmeal with peanut butter, touch of brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins
    or
    -eggs scrambled with veggies (onion/spinach/tomatoes), put on wheat toast and topped with salsa

Snack #1:
    -piece of fruit

Lunch:
    -sandwich of any kind on wheat bread
    -Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
    -baby carrots
    -another piece of fruit

Snack #2:
    -protein + carb + bit of fat combo (ex: Clif bar, cheese + wheat crackers, graham crackers + peanut butter, etc)

Dinner:
    -protein source (beef, chicken, pork, fish)
    -carb source (pasta, rice, sweet potato)
    -veggie source

Snack #3:
    -dessert or whatever I am craving that particular day

Make a list of your favorite or commonly eaten meals and start eating them often. I like routine, so I tend to eat pretty much the same things from day to day, shaking things up a bit with variety at dinner.