How can I change food measurements on MFP?

Options
I don't know why as it seems that everyone else seems to see their listing of food in the food search engine in standard system (cups, quarts etc) but all the food that shows up in my search engine is in metric (grams, mililiters) and it's really frustrating as I'd rather see it in the standard system. Is there any way to fix this?

Replies

• WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't know why as it seems that everyone else seems to see their listing of food in the food search engine in standard system (cups, quarts etc) but all the food that shows up in my search engine is in metric (grams, mililiters) and it's really frustrating as I'd rather see it in the standard system. Is there any way to fix this?

I found the same thing when I started here on Monday. I just scroll through the choices that match what I'm looking for until I hit on the metric or imperial measurements I want to use. :)
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    No, you don't want to change it. Grams are the most accurate. Find entries that say 100g, then change the "servings of" from 1 to whatever your item weighs.

For example, if you weigh 76 grams of shrimp on your food scale, you would enter .76 instead of "1.0".

Cups and tablespoons would be for liquids like milk or coffee creamer.

Now, some foods even when you scan them, will create an entry on your diary that is measured in cups even if you weigh out the portion. An example of this is the crab ravioli I buy from Costco. The pkg gives the gram serving size and says "about a cup" but when I scan the pkg and let it automatically enter 1 serving, the entry in my food journal says "1 cup". I know that I have weighed the correct portion though.