a doubt regards to sweat

Options
i'm going to gym everyday and the aircond is always on which makes me not to sweat that much if compared to the days when i switch off the aircond if no others in the gym. i believe the sweat dries faster when the aircond switched on. true? so my question is does it matter? sorry if the question sounds silly. :-)

Replies

• SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I would say ... no, it doesn't matter given that it's the air conditioner that's drying the sweat. I think the only time it would matter is if you're preventing sweat from actually coming out of the body [ie. using plasic wraps on the body when working out]. When I workout at home I have a fan turned on me so I dont sweat as much. I just don't like sweat dripping down my body.
  • Melaniegibson
    Options
    Sweating during exercise is a sign of an efficient cooler. An athlete who has adapted to keep the body core cool during exercise will shunt blood to the skin’s surface more quickly and release heat from the body. At the same time, the sweat glands increase their output and thus cool the body during sweat evaporation. While fit people produce more sweat than sedentary folks, they lose less sodium, because more of it is reabsorbed by the body. The result is a more efficient cooler.
  • thanish
    thanish Posts: 24
    Options
    thanks for th input guys.