TQI Diet/Abscal Way ("To Quiet Inflammation")

Options
Anyone else ever try the TQI diet? I'm going into my third week and wondering if anyone has good tips for maintaining the diet and/or recipes. Success stories...? Just putting it out there to see if anyone else has any experience. Also, hard to find vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free meals. I'm doing it, and there are a lot of great whole foods, but sometimes people are creative and I wouldn't mind hearing a few tips. Also just curious about peoples' experience with food, food allergies, etc.

My current favorite is overripe banana in the food processor with vanilla and chocolate baking powder. If I freeze it, we got ice cream!

Thanks.

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    bumping for the entertainment:wink:
  • soonslimmer50
    soonslimmer50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just saw your post - I am going to start the plan in September. How did you do?
  • hilldee
    Options
    I'm going into the third week - how did your third week go and where are you now?

Loved your overripe banana tip.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Have you had the blood test for inflammation -- C-reactive Protein (CRP) -- or is this a made up diet?
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    bumping for the entertainment:wink:
    *starts a batch of popcorn* i want that cat btw hehe
  • rosieradiogirl
    Options
    My doctor put me on the TQI diet and Im currently loving it. I also am always looking for new meal tips. I really seem to love fresh berries with balsamic vinegar on them right now. Im on week 4. I plan on staying on the gluten free dairy free part for as long as possible, I have a skin condition (HS) and the TQI has cleared it up almost completely. Tried adding dairy and it reared its ugly head again!
  • pangea52
    Options
    I've been learning more about this and trying out recipes and incorporating them into my food plan. Would love to be in touch with others eating anti-inflammatory foods to share and learn.
  • bridgettejulia
    Options
    I've been doing it since the new year and I like it so far. The 1st few days without sugar and bread were annoying, but I don't think about it much now. I wanted to do the class so I could ask questions as needed, but I missed the sign up window. :(

My physician has done the class since she likes to be knowledgeable about the latest diets and such and said something like "Abascal doesn't claim to be a nutritionist but the diet recommendations are very sound" and encouraged be to stick with it.

I'm losing a lot of weight pretty effortlessly (so far) by just sticking with the plan but not worrying about what I eat beyond that (i.e. I'm not worrying about whether there's too much olive or coconut oil in my stir-fry). I don't know if all of the scientific claims in the book are all correct (I have neither the time nor the background to properly vet them) and I'm skeptical of the testimonials in the book (I'm picturing grannies throwing down their walkers and tap dancing). But aside from dining out and social events, it's been crazy easy to follow and seems to be good for my health.