Intermittent fasting question

Options
I just started doing an 18:6 meal plan, and I don't know if this is a stupid question or not but is about protein power, would it have a negative effect if I drink it at the end of my eating window since it's slow release 8 hour protein, would this effect my fasted state? I've heard that you're supposed to stay away from drinking a casein shakes so would protein be any different?

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that stuff is.

But in the book I read, and the program of IF I am doing it doesnt really matter or get that specific to what you eat, but instead of how many calories.

Many people prefer the 24 hour fast. Some will go with eating 500 calories on their fast/Down days.

An easier way to do it is on a 24 hour cycle instead of fasting for a day.
    Example. Dinner on Sunday at 7pm. Fast until 7pm the next night and have a sensible or whatever you want meal. Next 24 you eat to your maintain calories.

Some repeat or fast only 2 days a week. I personally fast M-W-F, but the great things is that its 24 hours so I actually DO eat on those days but not until around 7pm that night so all day if yo uget hungry youi know in a few hours you can eat.

I know this doesnt help much, but on the IF I have been reading on it doesnt quite matter.

But the 24 hour fast does seem to be what is needed for the best results ast your body from hours 16-24 really start to kick in the burn.