back rolls~

Options
I am doing the 30 day shred and can tell a difference all over my body (4 inches in just 8 days now!) EXCEPT for my back...The back fat and rolls dont seem to be getting any smaller...is there any other exercises I can do to help with getting those GONE?

Replies

• becomingsara
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • foxylady8098
    Options
    I have been doing Jazzercise for over a year now. Though I never had back rolls, my back has never looked better than it has since I have been doing Jazzercise. They work every muscle in your body. After your first class, muscles you didn't even know you had will be hurting you.
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will get rid of those rolls. I started at 245 and am down to 216 and have not been able to do 30DS because of pulling a muscle in my back. I've been walking and steadily losing the weight and the rolls are getting sooooo much better. I had two rolls when I started and now I only have one small one. Hang in there. You can't spot reduce but you can tone those muscles and the weight loss will take care of the rest! :)
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Just keep doing cardio. You can't spot reduce, unfortunately. Usually, fat comes off the last place it went on, so it may just take awhile for those stores to shrink.
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Options
    i know this will be different for everyone, but i don't lose my back rolls until i am about 165-170. But I am sure there is some kind of back exercises that could help.. but I have no idea what they are yet!! Keep up with 30 day shred! I am on Day 3 today!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It's fat. Some people put on back rolls last, or first. Your body won't get rid of them until enough fat is gone. No matter how much muscle you get. You can tone it with exercise, but you really need to loose the extra weight to reallly have it move.

My belly and double chin will be the last to go. Unfortunately my butt and boobs go first!
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I was trying to remember when I actually gained the back fat, but somehow between the fried chicken and cupcakes, I can't quite remember aquiring those! lol.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I was trying to remember when I actually gained the back fat, but somehow between the fried chicken and cupcakes, I can't quite remember aquiring those! lol.
    FUNNY! I know what you mean-- I'm sure it was somewhere between the cake and cookies that my saddle bags clung to my thighs.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's a real problem area for me too! And up around the back of my arms, below my shoulder... yuck. I find they are getting better though as I walk... I 'power' walk and try to push myself as hard as I can. Using my arms a lot while walking, keeping my tummy tight and trying to twist at the waist back and forth as I pump my arms while walking is REALLY helping my midsection and back. I agree with the others, sometimes it's hard to see until you lose more weight, but building muscle under there really helps.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's been a problem area for me as well. Like others said, you can't spot reduce it. Just keep on doing it. It's gonna go away eventually!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been doing lots of work on the rowing machine at the gym and using a couple of the resistance machines designed to work your back (e.g. lateral pull downs). I can't see anything, but my mum says she can see that I have lost weight from my back and my bras are fastening a whole lot easier now too! :)

C
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred and can tell a difference all over my body (4 inches in just 8 days now!) EXCEPT for my back...The back fat and rolls dont seem to be getting any smaller...is there any other exercises I can do to help with getting those GONE?

Cardio cardio cardio ... do more then the 30DS but also you may want to try to up the weight from 3lb to 5lb during the stationary squat rows that will help a little. But cardio will really help trim you down.