Holy Creamer!

Options
Okay, so I am one of those people who likes a little coffee with my creamer. Yes. I LOVE creamer.

I'm talking probably 6 or 7 tablespoons or more per cup which equals probably 2 or 3 hundred calories or more before I started MFP. Not good! I've been getting by with Coffemate Sugarfree creamers and a Splenda packet for the last couple of weeks but I am curious to know if there are any better ways to make my coffee deliciously creamy?! And sweet. I know it's a lot to ask for, but there has to be a way!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    And I thought I liked coffee with my cream! Lol, Right now I'm hooked on the Girl Scout Thin Mint sugar free. Have you tried sugar free syrups like Torani? The syrups don't add the same creamy texture but they add the sweetness.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Try the real thing: heavy whipping cream. One tablespoon of that and you're set. The fat content is very satisfying, much more so than the fake stuff that has more calories anyway. I use a tablespoon of that plus some vanilla or almond extract and some splenda.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I put coordinating toriani/davinci sugar free syrup and protein powders in my hot tea... For example, earl grey tea with designer whey white chocolate protein powder and white chocolate SF syrup (like hot white cocoa!), or caramel vanilla tea with caramel toffee fudge protein powder and caramel or chocolate SF syrup... Gets in my protein and is yummy :)
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I use a homemade syrup with Fat free Coffeemate (boil brown sugar with equal amount water - store in fridge)

The brown sugar is carmel like - so its sweeter and thicker. My 16oz iced coffee is about 75-80 calories (2 Tbsp syrup 2 tbsp coffeemate).
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    72ymz3b33aa5hjui00ajoce26.500x294x15.gif
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    ... I use protein powder as a creamer/sugar for my coffee (Adds the right amount of creaminess and sweetness to it and it adds 20g's of protein! Lol
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use Half and Half and Torani sugar free flavors. I find I use a lot less of the half and half than I did the Coffee mate flavored creamers. I also use a scoop of protein powder - adds creaminess, flavor, and protein too! I use Unjury unflavored, chocolate or vanilla protein powders.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I decided about 6 weeks ago to quit adding my normal packet to my 2-3 cups of coffee every morning. At first it was hard, but now if I use any more than 1 tsp of sugar it's too sweet. I just use the creamers now.. coffeemate vanilla caramel is my favorite at the moment (only because the peppermint mocha isn't out for 7-8 more months!!!! :sad: )
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    ... I use protein powder as a creamer/sugar for my coffee (Adds the right amount of creaminess and sweetness to it and it adds 20g's of protein! Lol

Not sure why I never thought of this
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just have the creamer. The normal, full fat, full sugar stuff. I have 4 tbsp per cup [16oz coffee mug] & have two cups every morning. It hasn't hindered my weight loss or overall health at all - I just have to make room for it in my calories, which is pretty easy since it's the first thing I have everyday.

Sometimes, I buy FF half & half or regular half & half and will have one cup with creamer & one cup with half & half. That cuts the calories and the other things people have some dislike for. And if I have more than those two cups of coffee later in my day, I get drip coffee without anything in it.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I decided about 6 weeks ago to quit adding my normal packet to my 2-3 cups of coffee every morning. At first it was hard, but now if I use any more than 1 tsp of sugar it's too sweet. I just use the creamers now.. coffeemate vanilla caramel is my favorite at the moment (only because the peppermint mocha isn't out for 7-8 more months!!!! :sad: )

Peppermint mocha is available year round!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Try the real thing: heavy whipping cream. One tablespoon of that and you're set. The fat content is very satisfying, much more so than the fake stuff that has more calories anyway. I use a tablespoon of that plus some vanilla or almond extract and some splenda.

gonna have to try this.

i usually use fat-free half and half (40cals for 4 tablespoons).

the heavy cream sounds BOMB!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

gonna have to try this.

i usually use fat-free half and half (40cals for 4 tablespoons).

the heavy cream sounds BOMB!

Now I'm happy...
    fk5kys.jpg
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the ideas everyone!

I'll definitely be able to come up with some kind of solution to my creamer addiction with these. =]
  • chrisnfeen
    chrisnfeen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have high blood pressure but I love my coffee. I used to drink a few cups, with real sugar and full fat flavored creamer-before the hbp diagnosis. I weaned myself down to one cup of coffee a day. I use splenda, and 1 Tbsp of yummy, delicious Italian Sweet Cream flavored creamer. I count every calorie and I enjoy it that much more! LOL Honestly, I love my at home coffee so much I don't like it from Starbucks or anywhere else anymore! :-)
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Not sure why I never thought of this

No kidding! Now I want to try it! I always come in low on protein.

For now, I just do regular ol' half and half, and sometimes I add some flavored syrup. I agree that the fuller the fat, the less you have to use to get the creaminess you are after. Skim milk won't cut it for me at all, no matter how much I use. I also love frothing milk at home and making a latte. It adds to the luxurious feel when I am in the mood for something special.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Coffee addict here- I usually drink around 32 oz per day (and that's after I left my job where I drank it all day long!). I used the sugar free creamers for a while, but it was adding up to about 250 extra calories per day. :noway:

Now I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Silk or Almond Breeze), which clocks in at 30 calories per 8 oz cup. It's not as creamy, but I kept the sucralose/ Splenda so it's still sweet. I only have creamer once a week on Free Day, now, and I don't miss it much. I prefer to spend those extra calories on chocolate and booze!

I'd really like to try that protein powder thing. Sounds like a great idea!
  • PAWeissenstein
    PAWeissenstein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am one of those people who likes a little coffee with my creamer. Yes. I LOVE creamer.

I'm talking probably 6 or 7 tablespoons or more per cup which equals probably 2 or 3 hundred calories or more before I started MFP. Not good! I've been getting by with Coffemate Sugarfree creamers and a Splenda packet for the last couple of weeks but I am curious to know if there are any better ways to make my coffee deliciously creamy?! And sweet. I know it's a lot to ask for, but there has to be a way!

Thanks in advance!

Try either almond or coconut milk - even the sweetened varieties have far fewer calories than what you are using. You can use the unsweetened and then some stevia or monkfruit which are much better than artificial sweeteners or sugar. I prefer So Delicious brand coconut milk creamer when I need creamer. Works like half and half. But over the last few months I've "trained" myself to drink my coffee black. Took a while but I can actually taste the subtle differences in different types of beans now.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Real cream or full fat milk. Or Baileys Irish Cream if I'm feeling indulgent.