HIIT ideas

Options
I do HIIT a few times a week and am just getting bored with the same drills so I'm curious if y'all have any good ideas on how to mix it up. Currently, I have been cycling through heavy bag work, sandbag shoulders, atlas stone shoulders, pulling a weighted sled, pushing a car, jumping rope, kettlebell swings and weighted carries (with an atlas stone, sandbag, farmers handles, tree stump or a keg filled with sand). Sometimes I'll do the Tabata protocol and sometimes I'll do 1 min on/1 min off for 10 minutes.

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Are you doing just carries, or doing them in a medley? For example, sandbag carry for 80ft, followed buy a drag back the 80 feet, followed by a stone carry back again? Or do a loading idea if you have something suitable for a platform.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't know nothing about this topic.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Also, hill sprints.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Car pushes and Sled drags are my favorite and they never get old, at least for me
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Car pushes and Sled drags are my favorite and they never get old, at least for me

I love sled drags too but I have a wooden sled on a rough asphalt street so it's really loud and I do it really early in the morning. I just don't want to piss off the neighbors. For early morning sessions I usually do jump rope and kettlebell swings simply because they're relatively quiet.
  • Lofteren
    Options
    Are you doing just carries, or doing them in a medley? For example, sandbag carry for 80ft, followed buy a drag back the 80 feet, followed by a stone carry back again? Or do a loading idea if you have something suitable for a platform.

I never thought of doing a medley, thanks for the idea!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I love sled drags too but I have a wooden sled on a rough asphalt street so it's really loud and I do it really early in the morning. I just don't want to piss off the neighbors. For early morning sessions I usually do jump rope and kettlebell swings simply because they're relatively quiet.

Pfff. What are the neighbors going to do about it?

Otherwise. Zumba.

But only on a platform. Zumba doesn't count unless you do it in a platform.
  • Lofteren
    Options

Pfff. What are the neighbors going to do about it?

Otherwise. Zumba.

But only on a platform. Zumba doesn't count unless you do it in a platform.

I am not merely worried about the consequences, I am also worried about being a good neighbor. I wouldn't want them waking me up early in the morning making loud and obnoxious noises that could have been avoided.

Stupid reference is stupid.