exercise ideas

Options
I need some advise for exercise. I am limited on what I can do because I am disabled with a messed up spine. I can't walk, do arobics or lift weights or I will end up in the hospital. Does anyone know how I can burn calories without hurting my back?

Replies

• Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I once saw some chair exercises on YouTube that might not cause alot of back strain. Perhaps you can try to look on there for something that will work for you. Good Luck!
  • crbirt
    crbirt Posts: 12
    Options
    How about water aerobics? It's very low impact, but from what I've heard it's a good workout. My dad did it for a while before he moved. I know a lot of older people (not that you are) that can do that. I know we're coming up on winter. Maybe you could find an indoor pool that has a class?
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    buy a zumba dvd or wii game and work at your own pace. Thats how I started. I have a bad ankle and when I started putting weight on it was a killer..
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    what about spinning or a recumbent (probably spelled that wrong) bike?
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I would talk to your doctor and see if he/she has any recommendations for exercise that would be appropriate for you. I hope you're able to find something. :flowerforyou:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would suggest a bike or stationary bike. My parents have the same problems and so I got them a pedal exerciser.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VWK09Q/ref=oss_product

Happy exercising! I agree with ericaroo-Contact your doctor and see if he/she has any recommendations