Wok recipes

Options
Does anyone have any good recipes to make in a wok? I begged my husband to buy one two years ago, used it once (failed miserably) and haven't touched it since! I really want to start using it though. I would like to make meat/veggie dishes. My husband loves asian food. Any recipes or tips for wok cooking?

Thanks!

Replies

• cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Secret is to cook a LOT less in it than you would think, cook it super hot, and cook it fast. Fewer ingredients the better, which is counter to US "wok" thinking. One meat, one veggie. Such as beef and broccoli, chicken and green beans, shrimp and mushrooms, etc. Sesame oil for cooking is outstanding, soy sauce near the end for flavor. Have fun.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump...in for some yummy wok recipes. I need to use mine more often.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Grace Young's book Stir Frying to the Sky's Edge. The book has a lot of really good recipes, but I also really liked all the tips it had about buying and preparing ingredients, cooking in a wok, and how to clean and care for a wok. I've taken what I've learned from it and started to create my own recipes. I'm not sure if it's available in paperback, but you might be able to get it from your local library if you don't want to buy it.