fancy appetizers for Easter dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    and I may hang myself I see another cauliflower pizza post! Good lord, just eat a damn pizza one time, have the servings in moderation. Enjoy a real pizza. Cauliflower anything does not taste like the real anything, people!

Made a Cauliflower Pizza last week; liked it so much I made a Cauliflower Mac and Cheese last night. It was delicious.

I am going to attempt a lasagna next week that uses very thin strips of the Cauliflower Pizza dough instead of pasta.

Would you like to join me for dinner?
    It's wonderful, if you're doing it because you like cauliflower, or are gluten intolerant. Not so much if it's just to cut calories. It sounds like you genuinely enjoy what you're making with it, so no loss of enjoyment there, that's awesome. many people do it just to cut calories, and don't enjoy it. that's not sustainable.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can find roma tomatoes ripe near you (I live near mexico, so I find them year round), but I do a stuffed caprese salad. Cut the top off the tomato, and use a spoon to scoop out the insides. Cube fresh mozzarella, and chop basil and layer into the tomato. Reduce down a bottle of balsamic vinegar until thick (coats the back of a spoon) and no longer sour tasting. Drizzle over the stuffed tomatoes. So good!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I second the parmesan spinach balls
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I third the recommendation for proscuitto wrapped asparagus - I make it every year for Easter and it is always a hit.

I also made this one year, thinking it would be mostly just something fun the kids would like, but the grownups really loved it too.

carrot-shaped-veggie-pizzas-make-eating.html

http://www.hungryhappenings.com/2012/03/carrot-shaped-veggie-pizzas-make-eating.html

adorable and really tasty i bet, thanks for sharing!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Welp,
    I'm bringing appetizers for the Easter dinner with the in-laws at my SIL's house. She's trying to lose weight too, but she and my MIL are both very nice gourmet style cooks.

Any ideas for low- cal, upscale appetizers? .. child friendly would be an added bonus but I can do a few separate things.

http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/blini
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Welp,
    I'm bringing appetizers for the Easter dinner with the in-laws at my SIL's house. She's trying to lose weight too, but she and my MIL are both very nice gourmet style cooks.

Any ideas for low- cal, upscale appetizers? .. child friendly would be an added bonus but I can do a few separate things.

When I think of low-cal, upscale appetizers, I think of shrimp cocktail. (But to be honest, I'm working class, and have no clue what the rich people eat)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Welp,

http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/blini

That looks like a fancy pancake.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    black-olive-penguins-21.jpg

i made these before but used roasted red pepper strips for the scarf. They were kind of a pain in the butt to make, but they were a big hit. I haven't made them again though.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Why wouldn't you just say dinner? Why did you have to break the forum rules?

Do you own a calendar?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you just say dinner? Why did you have to break the forum rules?

Do you own a calendar?

No.
    Is this going to answer my question? Is the food to be themed?