Desserts that won't blow your food plan for the whole day?

Options
Today I discovered the answer to my prayers asking for a dessert that won't blow my food plan for the whole day. Here it is.....Jello Mousse!!!! Not the little cups in the refrigerated section, the box with the packet that you add milk to. Yum! It was chocolatey, fluffy, and decadent feeling. Yea...I am super excited...can you tell??? I am a dessert lover and have really struggled with my after dinner sweet cravings and while this may do the trick I like some variety in my diet. Does anyone else have any desserts they found that cure that craving that won't leave me eating lettuce the rest of the day?

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love the dole dippers in the freezer section of the grocery store, they are pieces of either bananas or strawberries dipped in chocolate and frozen...yum! They satisfy my sweet tooth and are only 70-120 calories per pack (4 pieces) I think they are just enough and don't eat up all of my calories for the day :)
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    What's the calorie limit you are thinking of?
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow desserts. They're reasonably low in calories without tasting like diet food.

If you have good self-control, though, nothing wrong with the usual stuff -- just in smaller portions.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Chocolate vitatops in the microwave! It's like chocolate cake with chocolate chips in it. Only 100 calories!
  • movingroovin1231
    movingroovin1231 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I have had those before and I do love them. Definitely will add them to the rotation. Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • movingroovin1231
    Options
    My calorie limit for the day is 1200
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wish the vitatops made it for me... they're just not decadent enough, lol.

I love the jello sugar free puddings/mousse. I love the skinny cow stuff as well, but I avoid those waffer chocolate bars because they are really delicious and I have a hard time with moderation with those. I'm not half as fond of the Weight Watcher desserts though (very unimpressed by the ice cream bars I tried).

Those Yoplait honey Greek frozen yogurt bars are amazing and only 90 calories too. I also love the Healthy Choice frozen Greek yogurt cups (100 calories).
  • movingroovin1231
    Options
    Ooo, I have never tried them since thought they tasted like diet food. I will definitely try. I think eventually I will have better self control but I just started so I'm not there yet. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    one serving of talenti gelato strawberry is 170 calories…..I will take that over jello ...
  • aqualeo1
    Options

I love the jello sugar free puddings/mousse. I love the skinny cow stuff as well, but I avoid those waffer chocolate bars because they are really delicious and I have a hard time with moderation with those. I'm not half as fond of the Weight Watcher desserts though (very unimpressed by the ice cream bars I tried).

Those Yoplait honey Greek frozen yogurt bars are amazing and only 90 calories too.

Aww I was also gonna suggest ww ice cream bars! Lol :)
    Different strokes I guess.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    A frozen banana.

Baked apple slices. Peel, core and slice 1 golden delicious apple. Put it in a microwaveable casserole dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. (do not add water). Microwave for 4 minutes. Stir. If it's not done how you like it, microwave it some more.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I LOVE skinny cow desserts. They are yummy and won't break the calorie bank.
  • aqualeo1
    Options
    one serving of talenti gelato strawberry is 170 calories…..I will take that over jello ...

Soo good! But so tiny!
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

I love the jello sugar free puddings/mousse. I love the skinny cow stuff as well, but I avoid those waffer chocolate bars because they are really delicious and I have a hard time with moderation with those. I'm not half as fond of the Weight Watcher desserts though (very unimpressed by the ice cream
    Those Yoplait honey Greek frozen yogurt bars are amazing and only 90 calories too. I also love the Healthy Choice frozen Greek yogurt cups (100 calories).

OMG I love the greek frozen yogurt cups and the jello sugar free puddings mousse too. I will have to try the the yoplait yougurt bar
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    I'm having a Talenti caramel gelato bar right now. 170 cal, decadent, and just the right size not to feel too tiny.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com

foodiefiasco.com

dessertswithbenefits.com

Enjoy! ^__^
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    No-Bake Energy Bites

30 mins
    Total time
    30 mins

Recipe type: Dessert
    Serves: 18-20 bites
    Ingredients
    1 cup oatmeal
    ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
    ⅓ cup honey
    1 cup coconut flakes
    ½ cup ground flaxseed
    ½ cup mini chocolate chips
    1 tsp vanilla
    Instructions
    1 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
    1/3 cup honey
    1 cup coconut flakes
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
    Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
    Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!
    Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I love those no bake energy bites but it's too hard not to eat like six per day hehe

I usually go with a few chocolate chips and nuts. Square of dark chocolate.

Or just mall-walk like a fiend for 2 hrs and indulge in a mini DQ Blizzard at the food court, lol. The calorie counts are pretty rough (300-400ish) but my husband and I love to do that once in awhile.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love the Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt cups. The caramel swirl is my favorite. I have a bunch in my freezer for whenver I want a tasty dessert.

They are portion controlled, so I don't have to worry about the danger of eating a half gallon of ice cream. :)

I also have the ghiradelli dark chocolate squares.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Soo good! But so tiny!

I know. My first thought. lol