Replies

• Minela675
    Minela675 Posts: 13
    Options
    will do :) thanks so much!!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    the herbalife i only did today! i dont drink it everyday!
    i thought you ate the same thing every day? Where is your actual dinner?
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    thats because i was couldnt eat anymore today, i was full....my protein keeps me full for a good couple hours that why i have it for dinnner
    how did you get overweight if you can't eat more than 700 cals?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    thats because i was couldnt eat anymore today, i was full....my protein keeps me full for a good couple hours that why i have it for dinnner

Great. So eat more during the day, skip the protein shake, and have a real dinner.

I hope that you're actually reading the advice here and taking it in and that we're not all wasting our time here.
  • jenberg777
    jenberg777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey friend.....I'm 5'6'' and finally past my normal plateau (after every baby) of 150lbs. The thing that did it for me was to cut out dairy for a week every other week. For me this meant no cream in my coffee and no low fat string cheese. (two things I cannot give up forever, but short term can handle) I am not a seller of herbal supplements, but another thing that could contribute to my breaking past my plateau is garcinia cambogia. I intend to use it until I reach my goal weight of 130lbs. (currently 147) For workouts, I toss in a High Intensity Interval workout at least once a week, shooting for once every 48 hours ...........your metabolism will get a jolt and you will burn fat 9x more than after traditional steady state cardio. Are you familiar with HIIT? I wouldn't wait until you're 130 to start weight training.....muscle burns fat girl.....the fat will melt faster if you increase your muscle!! Diet wise, you definitely need to take in more vegetable and fruit fats......."GOOD FAT IN BAD FAT OFF" is the saying, and it's true. I typically take in 40g of fat from olive oil, avocado, coconut oil or nuts everyday minimum and once or twice a week I go up to 50g. You body needs fat to run optimally, to absorb the fat soluble vitamins and to ease the joints and maintain mental clarity. I'm not a Dr....so I hope this doesn't sound too clinical....I am just my own guinea pig. Try to cut dairy, but replace it with coconut or almond milk....or try to cut out gluten? (also, a solid rule of thumb for me, no carbs after 6pm....)
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I thought I had a plateau, but I actually was just eating closer to maintenance than I realised. I was overestimating how many calories I burned from exercise and eating every single one of them back as well. I've got a HRM and waiting for it to arrive, so hopefully that will also help to make things a little bit more accurate.

Also yeah, you need to make a better effort to get to 1200 calories, even if you're full. Your body basically is more than likely being given far less than it needs to run. 1200 shouldn't be a long term thing I don't think.
    Eventually that will slow down your metabolism. Especially if you're not even getting to 1200.
    You can add 100 or so cals just with a tbsp of peanut butter, banana smoothie, 25g walnuts, or coconut oil.
  • Minela675
    Options
    haha trust me I am....but i need to take the protein because my protein intake isnt that high and that the only thing that makes it reach my protein goal so would i be able to take the protein with my dinner? or would that be too much....thank you!
  • Minela675
    Options
    what kind of training should i do with weights?
  • misslovely97
    misslovely97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Girl, you cray :D
    For eating the same thing every day
  • Minela675
    Options
    haha my mother tells me the same thing...its hard not to because ive been doing it for a while and im a college student who lives in a dorm so i have like no time to cook
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I see you are an 18 year old college student living the dorm life. Good on you for taking control of your health now. You deserve to have that acknowledged out lout and clear.

If you are struggling to consume your calories because you are full, then switch your dairy to full fat dairy - milk...cheese..as they are also sources of calcium and protein.

Switch your egg whites to whole eggs if you can.

Toss an avocado into your salad.

Add a pasta dish in - pasta can be easy to cook and leftover cooked spag bog makes an awesome carb and protein sandwich the next day :D

Not all of the foods you ate pre-health journey need to be cut. We can enjoy everything in moderation. Eat some pizza (but not a whole one) with your friends every now and then and enjoy college life a little too :D
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hunger is not the best indicator of what your body needs...if you don't eat enough you will get tired, lethargic, you will lose muscle along with fat, your hair will start to fall out, your nails will get brittle, you will be more apt to get colds etc.

I wont suggest weights as you aren't eating enough and you will hurt yourself probably by dropping the weights on your face.

As well 3 weeks is not a plateau...6-8 weeks is a plateau...

You need to eat more calories period. You say you are stuffed and can't eat anymore...I call you on that otherwise you wouldn't be here.

There are many ways to get more calories in esp if you are just trying to lose weight...try a beer or a slice of pizza or a bowl of ice cream....

If you are more concerned with how you look (which I doubt based on your intake) then you need more food...and weight lifting but only if you are fueling your body with more food.
  • srsly_sarah
    srsly_sarah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't hit a plateau or anything, but I really increased the speed of my loss when I started adding strength exercises. It took about 2 weeks to show up and I wasn't doing it every single day, but I lost inches and pounds.

I'm not talking like going to the gym and lifting weights. I did some DVDs at home that used therapy bands for resistance, pilates dvds that used my own body weight, some physical therapy exercises that I learned to strengthen my thighs (therefore stabilizing my kneecaps), and finally adding on Slim in 6. I like DVDs like Slim in 6 because they are squats, cardio, and strength. When I started, I didn't even use the weights. I just moved my arms like she was and that gave me a burn. I also take some gym classes and hike a little when I can. I think that building muscle however I can makes my clothes fit better--and I feel better. Not to mention the eventual weight loss.

I think that strength training comes in a lot of forms that women forget about.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

I had a recent 3 week plateau. I came out the other side and then some, averaging my (expected) 1 lb/week loss over that 3 week period. Keep at it.

Also, eat more.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    haha trust me I am....but i need to take the protein because my protein intake isnt that high and that the only thing that makes it reach my protein goal so would i be able to take the protein with my dinner? or would that be too much....thank you!

You can take your protein with dinner if that works for you. There's really no such thing as too much in one meal. Some people choose to eat their entire calorie allotment in one meal and they'll still lose weight.

I'm going to echo what's been said about cutting out the low calorie, low fat stuff in your diet. Whole eggs with breakfast instead of egg whites. Put some cheese and mayo on your sandwich. Use full fat milk in your coffee or add some higher calorie creamer. Ditch the low-calorie bread and dressing at lunch. Add nuts, cheese, seeds, and croutons to your salad. Choose a higher calorie yogurt. Add a banana, full fat milk, ice cream, or peanut butter to your protein shake. Buy some nuts to snack on between meals.

You said that the fullness from your protein shake lasts a couple of hours? I don't know how late your dinner is, but add a couple of servings of ice cream or other dessert to your evening before bed.

Not being able to cook is just an excuse at this point. You have enough calories to fit a Big Mac into your day and still meet your goals. 700 calories a day is going to do you a lot more harm than good in the long run.