no more calories but not enough protein!

Options
I don't get enoigh protein and I know its important now esp since I weight train but I'm already over my limit by 200 and I don't have enough protein! What can I do to change this? And does it matter that I don't have enough protein while I lift? I don't have ah opened diary cause I don't like being picked on for what I eat (yes I have been ridiculed before)

Replies

• Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I would suggest pre-planning your days. This is the only way I get enough protein (I aim for a min of 80g and try to get over 100 if I can).
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    IDK but it's a PITA isn't it? I try to make one meal almost all meat. I'm not doing Paleo or anything and it's still hard!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian and I eat beans, nuts, protein shake, eggs, and processed meat products. Even without the fake meat, it has never been to hard. Just make sure you add a protein source to every meal.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    IDK but it's a PITA isn't it? I try to make one meal almost all meat. I'm not doing Paleo or anything and it's still hard!

Sorry silly question but wat is pita?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I second pre-planning and logging at the beginning of the day. At least look at my macros around mid-afternoon to see where I am before I select my afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack.
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't know your diet goals, but I am usually about equal when it comes to carbs/protein. I have a protein shake for breakfast, a sandwich with meat like turkey/ham for lunch, and chicken/fish/etc for dinner. My snacks typically include Greek yogurt, nuts, or a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Of course you got to fit in some fruits and veggies too. I think I keep my carbs down since I don't eat a lot of pasta, rice, and potatoes.

Big picture, I try to get about 25-30% of my daily protein for B/L/D and the other 10-25% in snacks.
  • redhotsc
    redhotsc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    PITA is pain in the a##
  • redhotsc
    redhotsc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Somehow I manage to pull off about 100g protein per day. 17 grams comes from a protein bar that I eat as my 2nd dinner/ fourth meal. I like the Pure Protein and Zone brands. However, I also make sure that I eat a serving of high protein food at every meal or snack. it adds up pretty quick- nuts or yogurt with fruit, fish or chicken at dinner and lunch, eggs or a sandwich of sorts at breakfast. It also helps to preplan your meals. If you are vegetarian, try searching for foods that are higher in protein to add to your menu.