Diets to lose weight fast

2»

Replies

• MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Eat close to maintenance but right under. Do 16:8 - IF or 14:10 if you're a female. Lift heavy 3 times a week, and light the other 4 days. Keep your carb intake to 50 grams or less / day. Your main source of carbs should be veggies. Eat a ton of them, lean meats, and dark leafy greens. Have basically no sugar. No BBQ sauce, no ketchup. Hot sauce is okay. Have at most one serving of fruit a day. Try not to have too much though.

Fat will melt away. It's healthy, but not maintainable long term. It takes serious will power.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Why do you think losing 20lbs in a month is reasonable? You haven't been able to do it for a long time and now all of a sudden it's SO IMPORTANT? If it was that important, you would have started at the beginning of the year. If you haven't figured out how to control how you eat now, then a month's worth of extreme restriction isn't gonna do anything.
    Buy a dress that fits and is flattering to whatever shape and weight you're at now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    You're going to be much better served by taking the money you might throw at a fad diet and going to a spa the day before prom. Treat yourself to a mani/pedi or get a facial or a body wrap done. Choose a dress you look killer in and you'll look stunning!

Until then, start a reasonable diet and exercise plan. You may only lose a few pounds between now and prom but you'll look better and feel stronger because of it.

I speak from experience when I say that you don't want to go to prom looking and feeling weak after starving yourself.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Lol good luck.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    If he asked you, he already likes you the way you are! ...
    Have fun!
    No, no, no... it was an offer contingent upon losing 20 pounds before the prom. There's gonna be a pre-prom weigh-in. Like UFC matches.

I agree with the other part though. Go and have a wonderful time. And dance (I regret not learning how to dance for the social events I went to!). And if you don't know how to dance, start learning right now. Hell, all the practice might help you shed a little weight.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Cut off a leg, maybe?
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Before then, you can safely lose about 3-5 pounds. It doesn't sound like a lot, but depending on the dress and how your weight is distributed, it can make a big difference. Drink lots of water and cut down on salt -- the extra water will make your skin and hair look amazing, and cutting down salt can make you look like you've lost weight. Anything extreme is going to make you feel and look miserable, and that will show in your pictures! Instead of spending the next month stressing out, please try to enjoy yourself.