Can I Beat an Atkins Dieter?

Options
barracudamuscle
barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
Weird title....

Long story short me and a coworker have a gentleman's bet on who can lose the most weight by the time we end our long business trip ( 5 weeks remain 2 weeks into the bet)

He's doing the Atkins thing, it sounds great but I know it's not something I can sustain and will work backwards so I want to do it right. This freaking guy is down 10 pounds in 10 days! I've been hitting the gym 6 days a week and slowly learning how to eat better and I've lost 6 pounds.

I'm happy that I've lost weight but it makes me mad that I've busted my *kitten* 6 days a week at the gym lost 6, and he's not stepped foot in a gym and had it easy. He's 6'1 242 start and I'm 6'3 started at 300 down to 294 today.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy he's losing too but that's a huge lose for short time and work. Maybe he'll slow down enough so my slow and steady diet and exercise can take the lead mid May.

Anyone who's done atkins do you consistently lose 3-5 pounds a week in the induction phase after the first couple weeks?

Thanks,
Pat

Replies

• ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    Options
    when you low carb, you can drop up to 10 lbs in water weight super super fast..........after that the weight loss lines out but because he is not eating complex carbs and dense foods it is easier to lose weight because you can eat more food and still keep calories low..........protein is very satiating so it is not that difficult if you are trying to be strict ........if guys are betting on who will lose the most WEIGHT, he will probably win because he will lose muscle also............if you guys bet who would lose more FAT, that you would probably win that one
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yes. With a stick. Oh, wait...this isn't *that* kind of post.

Umm...He might lose more weight in the given time period, but once he goes back to "eating normal"....yeah...that won't be pretty.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You might lose the bet, but in the long run, you'll win.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    "Doing it right" isn't a short term weight loss bet.