Hello To Everyone

Options
Hello all!

I actually started on this site just about 2 months ago but have just hit my first goal of hitting 185 or below (183.8 FTW!). I wanted to hit that mark before I came "out of the cookie jar" (so to speak :-).

Over the last two months this site has helped me tremendously, both in being able to visually see what I'm putting into my body and in how inspirational this community has been. Out of all the on-line communities I've been a part of, this has been hands-down, the most positive group of people I've seen. Posts, small to large, questions to answers, are always kind and well thought out. Blogs, even when dealing with issues, have been motivational and the responses always reassuring.

I've very happy to finally have found something and someplace that is really working for me and that I've been able to stick with. For about six years, since I was diagnosed with an inactive thyroid, I've been trying on and off to lose weight. I've run the typical yo-yo of dieting: lose a lot initially, don't lose any or very little, then gain it back. I've never before been able to consistently lose weight week over week like I have here.

I still have a ways to go, but now, I not only think that my end goal is achievable, I *see* that it is.

Thank you all for making a fantastic community to be a part of!

Brent