Problem with eating

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
You know I can work out all day long. I don't mind exercising. It's not a problem. I have a serious problem with my eating. I could also eat all day long! Do any of you have any tips? I am going to try to buy only healthy stuff at the store this week, no little extras or whatever, so I can force myself to eat fruits and veggies and nuts for snacks instead of other things. It's not easy for me. I am a carb girl and I am not big on fruits and veggies. I would have met my goal two months ago if I could have gotten my eating under control. I just love to eat! Help!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    You know I can work out all day long. I don't mind exercising. It's not a problem. I have a serious problem with my eating. I could also eat all day long! Do any of you have any tips? I am going to try to buy only healthy stuff at the store this week, no little extras or whatever, so I can force myself to eat fruits and veggies and nuts for snacks instead of other things. It's not easy for me. I am a carb girl and I am not big on fruits and veggies. I would have met my goal two months ago if I could have gotten my eating under control. I just love to eat! Help!
    Melissa
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    What really helped me was to change to eating 6 small meals a day. This way, you are still eating all day (yippee!!), but it should be healthy foods. I like vegetables ok, but even better for me is whole wheat pita bread, toasted, with cottage cheese or hummus; apple or asian pear plus a babybel or string cheese or yogurt; AKMAK crackers and cheese; rice and bean (I will cook a big pot of each and aliquot into single servings and freeze). Also avocados are great.
    This article Banks found has info about this:
    http://www.fitsense.co.uk/fit_article.php?id=100
    Good luck!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have to exact same problem. I actually told my mom the other day "I still don't have my eating under control and I've lost 20 lbs. Imagine how thin I could be if I actually ate right!" I find that drinking lots of water helps. Buying the healthy snacks is huge. Get rid of all the bad foods. And eat 6 small meals a day. Those things help me a lot. Good luck!
  • MissRosie
    MissRosie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maaaaaaaaaaaan I feel ya! I LOVE food and I need to eat all day to be happy. I'm not HUGE on fruits or veggies either, but snacks I've found that I like between meals (2 to 3 snacks a day one after breakfast and one before dinner and sometimes dessert) are: yogurt (I put a couple in the freezer and my b/f and I eat them for dessert), cottage cheese, string cheese, a cinamon apple rice cake with a tablespoon of peanut butter, any of those 100 calories snack packs, a hand-full of almonds, a light multi grain english muffin with fake butter, sugarfree jello or pudding snacks, any fresh fruit (I love strawerries and a splenda packet) pineapple, mango or grapple (an apple that taste like a grape, it's goooood) or even frozen grapes. I try to have fairly light , meals and lots of snacks to keep me happy. If I get the urge for crap food, I force myself to REALLY think about it first. I'll ask myself, do I really want those enchiladas? Or do I really wanna loss this weight...:bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh Melissa!!!! lol same here! I love food!:ohwell:

I'm learning to love and make healthier versions of what I was taught to make growing up....like tonight the family wanted raviolies and gravy ...tom sauce w/ meatballs and sausages etc....AND i love love love this meal...lol in the past I would have had like 6 big ravs, sausages, meatball, bread...tons of romano cheese....ahhhh....but now I made this really yummy salad w/ cranberries, pears, gorgonzola and vinegarette....and it filled me, I only had 3 ravs...huge for me! and a 1/2 a sausage, and sprinkle of cheese...for me it was really cleaning up my act...but it takes time and you will get there!

Believe me I know you have so much going on.:heart: ...but you will get there girl! We both will!!!:wink:

hugs to you and talk w/ you soon!
    Ali
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Today for snack I had 3/4 bag of carrots, 2 heads of broccolini, yogurt, dried fruit, and 1 package of raspberries. I couldn't eat enough today - thus all the fruits/veggies. No helpful advice to give, I'm afraid.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    One thing that I find really helpful is making sure that I don't have more than 300 calories worth of food in my kitchen that I'm EXCITED about eating. I am a big believer in the concept of "trigger foods" and credit keeping them out of range for the 20+ pounds I've kept off over then last 6 years.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    One thing that I find really helpful is making sure that I don't have more than 300 calories worth of food in my kitchen that I'm EXCITED about eating. I am a big believer in the concept of "trigger foods" and credit keeping them out of range for the 20+ pounds I've kept off over the last 6 years.