I finally get it! (jogging)

Options
I've been jogging outside and yesterday it was late and I decided to hop on the treadmill. I hated it! I really enjoy jogging outside now, looking at the scenery, setting my own pace...the treadmill felt like a hamster wheel with no end in sight. I guess after 2 weeks of outdoor jogging I'm officially a convert. Just had to share :tongue:

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I agree the first time I went outside and did it, I dont want to go back on the treadmill, it does get boring
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical in my bedroom. When I do use it, I watch TV, which helps.

But I DREAD that thing. If I can exercise outside, I do. I only do indoor exercise if I don't have a choice.

Glad you're enjoying it!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I hate the treadmill too, but it can be a great tool. No excuses for starters, if it's too hot/cold/whatever you can still hop on the tread. If you are recovering from an injury it can be a good spot too (depending on the injury). And I often use it to push myself for tempo runs.

That said, I'd still rather throw on hat, gloves, scarf, and coat and go for a run outside!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's great! I want to start running outside sooo bad! The only time I'm at home is early morning and evenings when it's dark!:sad:
    Congrats on your jogging outdoors! I'm a little envious! haha
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to run on a treadmill. Running is so mental and on the treadmill, I feel unaccomplished and as if I'm going nowhere. Plus the belt has never been kind to me and I run awkward and usually end up causing an old injury to act up.

Rain, sleet, snow...20 degree temps...I'll run outside, every time.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    outside IS better. i didn't think it mattered until i ran outside for the first time. better on my shins too.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I prefer the treadmill since I tend to make myself go faster on it and can judge how long and how fast I am going better but I also make myself go outside atleast once a week and I enjoy that too since I day dream. I am always watching tv or a movie on a treadmill so I don't get bored on it usually.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the few who likes both - I do time trials on the treadmill, playing a game 5 minutes at a time seeing how far and fast I can go. But I love getting outside too.
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am in total agreement! I normally jog outside and last week I jogged on the treadmill. I told my friend that I felt like a hamster, and I wasn't able to job as long or as fast as usual because I was unable to catch my stride. :frown:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    That's great! I want to start running outside sooo bad! The only time I'm at home is early morning and evenings when it's dark!:sad:
    Congrats on your jogging outdoors! I'm a little envious! haha

I run early in the mornings. I just stay on main roads and I pass lots of other runners. I also take my cell just in case!!