Hello

Options
Been using the iphone app for going on 7 weeks now and have lost 30lbs. This is a great tool for losing weight and making healthier chooses. Thanks

Replies

• deelava
    Options
    I don't have an iPhone yet so I will be online and carrying a a pocket journal.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good Luck in all your efforts!
  • angelsxzist
    angelsxzist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow. 30lbs in 7 weeks? I agree with you about the iphone and app. It's a must have for me.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Been using the iphone app for going on 7 weeks now and have lost 30lbs. This is a great tool for losing weight and making healthier chooses. Thanks

I have the app for my droid but can you give me some tips on how to use the app successfully I am new and have just started this week and I am wondering do you eat all of your calories? do you have calories left. What have you done that has worked and helped you to loose the weight?
  • brapril714
    Options
    I'm a larger person, so don't expect to loose 30lbs in 7 weeks if you are smaller than me. My starting calorie suggestion was 2400 per day. I hardly ever make it to 2000 eating healthy. I'm full and fill like I've gone over my limit. As for the app. I enter everything I eat into it, don't skip anything. This is where you will find hidden calories.

We (my wife and I) have decided not to change everything we eat, but to modify it. I'll give an example.

Shepherds Pie - We use 97% fat free turkey and steamed sweet potato's. Use splenda brown sugar to sweeten and light butter. Total calories for almost 3lbs of food is 944 vs regular shepherds pie at over 2600 cal.

Find the meals you eat now and look online for ways to make them healthier.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    no iphone, but i keep track online and in a journal that i keep for Curves. Goodluck to everyone!
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    one of my tickers didnt show up :( lets try again!