Can somone tell me what p90x is?

Options
I have recently decided that I'm going to need some help getting the last of my baby weight off!! The last 25 pounds is being stubborn! Anyway, I have seen several people rave about p90x, so what is it? Any what are some of your thoughts on it??

Replies

• jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    It's a good workout set. I have it but can not do it because it involves push ups and my wrist hurts when I put pressure on it. Just go to beachbody.com and look it up. Hubby lost weight doing it.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Since December of last year I did cardio for five days a week mostly using the bike and I managed to go from 225 lbs to 206 lbs and I stopped. I could not lose any more weight. I decided to try the P90X classic workout. The P90X is an extreme cross training routine that works to develop streingth, core, balance and cordination. The concept is body confusion which keep your body thinking and you can achieve rapid gains over a 90 day period. I have been on it for 65 days now and I have lost over 13 lbs.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Google it. Youtube it. Bing it. the internet, they have awesome search engines for you to use. Or this site - has a little search engin too - you should try it!
    It's a Beach Body work out program.
  • hjsyndrome
    Options
    My wife and I both lost 20 pounds each when we did it. We are starting it back up, because the summer drove us away from it. It is very intense and extreme. It works, but be prepared to work it for at least an hour a day.
  • jahnlaw
    jahnlaw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Its a very good video program to follow at home if you have the basic equipment (you'll need a pull up bar) and follow the eating and exercise plan. I have gym so I haven't used it, but I have friends who have had success with it. I think it would be good for you since you are only 25# fom goal but it probably isn't best for someone completely out of shape.

Btw, congratulations with your new baby
  • 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes, google it....or go to www.turbobodyworks.com and she can tell you all about it. I attempted the "lean" version since Im trying to lose weight, but I could just never get thru the entire 1 hour workout. I am now doing TurboJam which is a FUN workout! The most important thing about a workout, you have to ENJOY it to find the ambition to get up and do it everyday! Best of luck!!