How to loose alot

Options
2»

Replies

• hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love your post! I am constantly cringing when I see these mistakes as well. I was an English minor in College and feel very passionately about the written word, and the importance of using proper grammer and spelling. You made 'a lot' of wonderful points and I appreciate you saying this. It's funny... when I saw the title of your post, I groaned and corrected it in my head before I even read your blog. Great job!
  • nlibera
    nlibera Posts: 27
    Options
    Don't be a looser. ;-P
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    There is also no such word as 'gotten' You've got it or your getting it.

Actually gotten is in fact a word and it is in the English Dictionary. It is the past participle of get. Oh, and your is you're. :)
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This used to bother me a lot, but after being on health/fitness message boards for so long I've accepted that it's probably not going to change. What does bother me (in real life more than on the internet), is when people say "a couple" but they really mean "a few". I haven't accepted that many people use them interchangeably...a couple means TWO!!! Gah!
  • nlibera
    nlibera Posts: 27
    Options
    I do have to say, whenever I see "alot" I think of this: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    :laugh: I see it all the time on here and it makes me giggle.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Love it. I think the technology age has given people horrible spelling and grammar. Drives me bat sh** crazy!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Love it! Everyone makes typos, I certainly do but when you see the same mistakes being made throughout a post you know its not a typo.

For spelling errors perhaps everyone should switch to Google chrome, it automatically checks everything underling mistakes in red (including the word Google!)

I'm not a spelling nazi in general, but I am a speech nazi. I often wondered how I'd still got teeth because I just had to correct people that used the wrong words My biggest bugbear is pacific instead of specific...ARGH!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I am not the only OCD person out there. I circle typos or poor grammar in books. My personal pet peeve with books is when they start a quote and then don't end it with an end quote. Irritating!
    Your/you're, its/it's, there/their/they're, to/too/two, no/know/now are all things we should have learned by second grade!
  • fattyellis
    Options
    me finks yous to meen....i have alot too loose so me belt will be lose...butt me finks mispelled words are not important as their is alot of ways too spell really good ::laugh: