Tesco Ultra Slim Meal Replacement

Options
Hi,
Has anyone ever used these? Are they filling? I was eyeing them up this lunchtime, as a possible "breakfast" as I dont get up early enough to eat breakfast, nor can I eat until its almost lunch time.
Thanks guys

Replies

• Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    Are they like SlimFast as in some sort of drink based meal replacement? I've been using SlimFast as my lunch of choice to "shrink" my stomach whilst controlling calorie and nutritious value and to great effect - I no longer need the massive portions I once did, where I would have once needed 2 sandwiches (4 slices of bread) or pittas or wraps to feel satisfied, one now suffices, and I'm coming off them now that i've learned self control...but they aren't hugely filling. More filling than water, sure, but not "I've just had a proper meal" filling. My advice is to have it with a piece of fruit. Since you don't really have breakfast now maybe that'll be no problem anyway?
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hiya Chuck : ))

The fact that your missing breakfast is quite bad because not only does it set you up for the day but it also gets your metabolisum going, so in fact your burning less calories by not having breakfast. My breakfast is important to me and weighs in at 426 cals. Nearly 25% of my normal daily allowance.
    Has for finding food that is low calorie and filling, well thats still a challenge to me but by not eating until you get that full feeling will mean eventually your stomach will shrink to suit the smaller portions and you'll be able to eat less and feel full up, but in the mean time you've got to put up with the hunger pangs. sorry xxx
  • Moonboots100
    Moonboots100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I understand that breakfast is the most important, hence the idea of this. Against nothing, I thought it would be a good idea, as itll kick start my motabalism. Looking at the cals and fat in it, it matches a bowl of cereal, so thought it might be ok? Easier for me as its a drink?
    I know my stomach will shrink, but if I normally have nothing, then its a bonus right?
    x
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree, it's much better than nothing and if it's more appealing than cereals it's a bonus. Look for food that are low glycimic as they won't give you a sugar rush and will help make you feel fuller.
    : ))