Likes only, no comments?

umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Hey people whats with the Likes only and hardly any comments? A good comment every now then feels good to read. I know everybody wanted to have a Like button in MFP but it should not replace the friendly, motivational or a kick *kitten* comment. Are you guys with me on this?

Replies

• Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    "LIKE"
  • umer76
    "LIKE"
    Like + 1
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    we need a dislike button and then i would never have to comment again. :glasses:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    we need a dislike button and then i would never have to comment again. :glasses:
    o( ^_^)b
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member

Like :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    yup totally agree, the 'like' button is a cop out...more and more of my 'friends' are using it ...its just not personal :/

However...I do use it when I'm too busy to comment.

I also use it for friends who only 'like' my posts as well, darn it if they can't be bothered to comment then sod it why should I LOL

Give and take folks, thats what being MFP friends is about :-D

lets get rid of the 'like' button....VOTE?? :)
  • umer76
    yup totally agree, the 'like' button is a cop out...more and more of my 'friends' are using it ...its just not personal :/

However...I do use it when I'm too busy to comment.

I also use it for friends who only 'like' my posts as well, darn it if they can't be bothered to comment then sod it why should I LOL

Give and take folks, thats what being MFP friends is about :-D

Well I doubt if we can get rid of the Like button because it was introduced after strong public demand. I know people cannot comment on each post every day and lots of it time it is not necessary to comment infact. But we should not get too much carried away with the use of Like button that it kills the comments. I mean in order to keep good mfp friendship going good communication between the friends is equally important. Thats what my point is.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    thebox-like3.jpg
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    WTG!!!
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    I tend to write a comment. However, sometimes time is short or I'm not really inspirational at that moment, I like and move on.

I have a lot of "liking" friends. At least I know I'm not just talking to myself. ;-)
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    To be honest my life is too busy!! I'm sure many people will agree.

When I have the time to comment ie. on the weekends or days off work then I do.

I still feel encouraged when people "like" my activity so I would hope they feel the same when I do theirs!

I would rather my MFPs were busy working out/kicking *kitten*, their activities motivate me more than if they sat their commenting on my **** all the time
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member

This function should be moved to the message boards where it belongs.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    To be honest my life is too busy!! I'm sure many people will agree.

When I have the time to comment ie. on the weekends or days off work then I do.

I still feel encouraged when people "like" my activity so I would hope they feel the same when I do theirs!

I would rather my MFPs were busy working out/kicking *kitten*, their activities motivate me more than if they sat their commenting on my **** all the time

^^ This....and she is fast which is just as motivational
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Yup, it's about time.. If I have it, I'll comment If I don't, I'll just "like" the post. Same as on FB.

That said, I do appreciate comments when I get them so I try to reciprocate as often as I can.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Dislike.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    I appreciate someone taking the time to respond in any way to my posts, but I also prefer a comment to just clicking "like". I have been guilty of using the quick and dirty "like" instead of taking time to type a comment, though!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    thebox-like3.jpg

So very true. I use it often for this purpose.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    "Like" is good enough for me.

Like another poster mentioned, I get motivated by seeing activity and weightloss. :wink:
  • umer76
    "Likes"
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    My problem with the like button is that people will "like" something that's sort of inappropriate to "like." For example...

"My dog died today." *Like*

It's like they're wanting to leave you with acknowledgement that they read what you wrote, but they don't feel like actually typing anything out, so they "like" it. Uh, I'd rather them not acknowledge the post at all. You like that my dog died? Thanks a heap.

(No, my dog didn't actually die. It's just an example.)