Eating 1200 calories and not loosing weight! Please Help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    considering your hight and weight and that you actually dont want to lose but keep your weight and get toned, id say no less than 1400 on days you dont work out (depends if you are active apart from your workouts-if you spend a lot of time on your feet its closer to 1600). when you do work out, eat back your burnt calories.
  • leah9985
    leah9985 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Haha! Thanks so much everyone! I think I need to get the scales out of my head and focus more on the way I look. I will definitely start with the weights, I am checking out all of the links you guys have posted now so it'll give me some idea of what to do when I hit the gym later! I usually tend to head to the gym around 4ish as that's when it fits in with lifestyle so any ideas of a good pre workout meal that I can have for lunch? Should I be eating protein and carbs before a workout? I tend to make a protein smoothie post workout and then have dinner around 7ish x
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Your belly looks like that after 2 babies! I'm envious. I would agree with everyone else, focus on toning, rather than losing. You might want to change the carbs/protein ratio because sometimes carbs can make you bloat, especially wheat.

By the way, everyone's belly "pooches" a little when they sit down.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Based on your stats and the fact you workout 4 days a week, your total calories should be around 1700 total (an not eat back exercise calories). Also macros can be around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. But if you wanted, you coudl drop protein 5% for more fats and still hit around 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass. Second, if after a recomp, you don't get the results you want, I would suggest a bulk. Adding mass will make your more lean since muscle is more dense and compact. Also, when you add mass, you will lower your effective body fat %.
  • leah9985
    leah9985 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Based on your stats and the fact you workout 4 days a week, your total calories should be around 1700 total (an not eat back exercise calories). Also macros can be around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. But if you wanted, you coudl drop protein 5% for more fats and still hit around 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass. Second, if after a recomp, you don't get the results you want, I would suggest a bulk. Adding mass will make your more lean since muscle is more dense and compact. Also, when you add mass, you will lower your effective body fat %.

Thanks for this! I don't particularly get as much healthy fat as I should do I guess so might be an idea to drop protein and add some healthy fats! I started my first recomp session today, I'm hoping it will lead to success! Thanks for your help :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Thanks for this! I don't particularly get as much healthy fat as I should do I guess so might be an idea to drop protein and add some healthy fats! I started my first recomp session today, I'm hoping it will lead to success! Thanks for your help :)

If you want, slowly up your calories to mitigate some water weight increase. Adding 100-200 per week should help with that mitigation.