Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi - need some inspiration & motivational friends

Hi all,

I've decided to give MFP another go after successfully losing around 30kg a few years ago using it. The story goes that I'm a truck driver and unfortunately working long hours, poor exercise and poor diet tend to go hand in hand with this.

A couple of years ago I started working for a new employer and in the process lost any access to 'basic' facilities at meal times. This has meant I have gone 2 years with eating whatever I could grab at the side of the road :-(. Result = I've put all the weight on that I had previously lost and also I now have a wardrobe full of clothes that no longer fit.

I guess what I'm looking for are some U.K. based friends who can keep me motivated and wouldn't mind sharing their food diaries so I can pinch some ideas for meals which I could prepare the night before and then eat the following day "on the road".

Is there anyone that can help?

Replies

• Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Hi! I'm not from the UK, or a road warrior, but I do work strange hours. At the moment I'm stuck on midnights. My boyfriend travels a great deal for work and is trying to eat healthier. He's imparted some wisdom regarding how to get the best out of fast food/gas stations...lol etc. If I can be of any help please let me know

Namaste
  • fattrucker79
    fattrucker79 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks I appreciate any help that I'm given. The only reason I mentioned U.K, based people was due to the different brands of foods available over here on the 'rainy and windy' island lol!.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Hi, I'm Valerie. Not in the UK, but I do travel a lot with bands and we eat whatever is at the gas station or crappy roadside diner, so I know what you mean! I lost about 30lbs of 90 that I needed to lose on here, took a hiatus (translation: started eating like crap again and stopped exercising) and now just about every last pound is back. Yuck! So, starting back from square one as of about two weeks ago. Good luck, feel free to friend request me if you'd like!
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Hay Im Tash. I spent two years working in a pub. Long, weird hours meant i literally had one (normally very unhealthy) meal a day and picked on whatever else was available, usually crap. I now have a new job, normal hours and find it hard to actually eat in the morning afternoon and night. Feel your pain cx
  • fattrucker79
    fattrucker79 Posts: 4 Member
    Yeah I know what you mean Tash, I often change shift start times, some days it can be 4am, others 7 am, then others can be 2-3pm, it plays havoc with my food cravings. Yesterday I found myself having lunch at 9am but not having anything else until 6pm.