Can anyone help me make sense of....

Luckymam
Luckymam Posts: 300
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
my body fat anyliser scales? I bought them ages ago and only ever used them to measure my weight. Last night I figured out how to set it so that it measures my body fat. The instructions are long lost, and this is the reading I got:

weight - 12stone 1lb (169lbs for my non-UK friends)

M 39.5

F 26.3

W 54.9

Now, do these letters stand for muscle, fat and water? And are they percentages? If so, how does that work because these numbers don't add up to 100.

Apologies in advance if I'm just being incredibly thick!

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Yes, that sounds correct. They are percentages, and no, they will not add up to 100%. Your bone weight isn't there. Although on mine, the M is a number that I have to refer to chart to see if it is 'normal' or not. I don't think it is a percentage. I think it is pounds perhaps.

Did you try searching for your instructions online?
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Glad you got yours to work because mine have always given me an error message which made me think they couldn't measure through all my fat! At least that is not as bad as my brother , who is overweight & my daughter who is not, they stood on the scales, got an error message & thought they had broken them because they are too heavy!!!! :laugh:
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Hehehe. Thanks for the answers! Just checked my 'f' figure and it puts me in the 'healthy' range for body fat, yet my bmi is still overweight.

Oh well.
This discussion has been closed.