Often forgotten entries in food log ...

walletless
walletless Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Almost everyone on MFP uses the food log tool to keep track of things eaten. After using the tool for a few days, I noticed myself "forgetting" to add few things. Here are a few examples:

1) Sauce: Did you add ketchup to your sandwich? Or applied butter to your bread? Or dip your food into ranch or another sauce? I almost always forget to add these. You will be surprised how much additional sodium this adds to the log!

2) Milk: After eating milk & cereals in the morning, I add the log for the cereal, but forget the 1cup milk that I drank with it.

3) Dressings: When I eat salad, I add italian dressing on top. I cannot say how many times I have forgotten to add that on top of the salad.

Do you have a similar list of commonly forgotten food items?

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    1. EVOO (or another type of cooking oil)

2. Fresh minced Garlic

3. Beverages other than water

4. Nibbled things - a taste of this, a taste of that. Just because it's not a full serving, doesn't mean it doesn't count. :-)
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    I used to forget things like spread/butter in sandwiches, or milk on cereal, so I ended up saving these things as meals or recipes.

If I'm cooking stuff from scratch I'll usually plan out the recipe in MFP first to make sure I don't miss anything.

I've *have* been known to forget how many beers I've had though ;-)
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    I often purposefully forget to add the actual salad. I usually eat salad twice a day, but both are about 1 cup worth. The entry that I use has 2 cups as a serving and a calorie count almost twice as high as the bag. I usually add salad once a day and figure thats fair!
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    There are a few things that I regularly forget to log....diet soda (1 a day) and crystal light (about 8 oz a day) which shouldn't hurt me too much...and then ketchup which as you said could really add up in sodium which I struggle with on a daily basis!
This discussion has been closed.