Pilates

Options
I've just started doing Pilates and was curious to see if anyone else found it helped their general toning and in my case a sense of calm.

I certainly had overestimated my core strength, and am finding that even after 4-5 sessions it is getting much better (still not brilliant by any stretch though) and find that my posture is improving, which can't be a bad thing.

I supplement the classes with taped 30 min sessions from the Fitness channel on Sky which means I can do it in my lounge if feeling a bit anti-social.

Just thought I'd ask anyway :)

Replies

• dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I do Yolaties, which is a combination of yoga and pilates. Many of the exercises are similar to standing pilates. It is helping a lot with my core strength, muscle tone, flexibility and balance. I do Yolaties 2X/week and go to the gym to do cardio and strength trianing 2-3X/week. Several people at our Senior Center actually got 1/2-1" taller because of Pilates because they are standing straighter. I don't think the Yolaties gives me a sense of calm, but it does keep me in a more positive frame of mind.