I am not pregnant, I am just fat!

Options
Yeah, I remember telling that to an officemate back in January after being adsent from work for four months.

Today, at lunchtime, I sad beside him (A) and another colleague (B). As I brought out my lunch, the colleague B asks what is my lunch and I said "It's vegetarian today." he said "That's good."

Well, it didn't stop me from adding to what I said that I needed to diet because I could not stop myself from growing from size 12 to size 16. I had to do something otherwise people will mistaken me for being pregnant again - Like what A said back in January. I was laughing when I said it.

A defended and apologetically admitted that it was not nice of him to say that. Gotcha!!

Anyhow, no pun intended and no hurt feelings. I was laughing when I first heard it and never dwell on it. Infact, I am thankful for it.

It was a WAKEUP CALL - they are just telling the truth that I look pregnant. NOW, my boobs is bigger than my belly (almost) unlike before.

HOW DO YOU DEAL IN SITUATION LIKE THIS?

Replies

• debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Never had this from an adult but out of the mouths of babes.....
    I'm a parent helper at Beaver Scouts and 3 weeks ago, about the time I was pretty proud of myself for getting from 231 lb to onederland, one of them asked if I had a baby in my tummy.
    I smiled and said no baby in there, just lots of cake
    Nohing like a reality check - work in progress :smile:
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    that's a very good answer!
  • Elizabeth_Darcy
    Elizabeth_Darcy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used to be a CNA at an assisted living facility where we had a number of residents with mild Alzheimers. I had one resident in particular who would ask me when I was due. I'd tell her "oh, about 3 years ago..." and we'd giggle together. But then she'd forget that she'd asked me, and the next day.... Sigh.

Definite wake up call for me as well. I'm still a work in progress, but better late than never, eh? :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing that we tend to laugh about it! Now, it's a work in progress - MODE!!!