Mini-vacation

Options
This weekend my boyfriend and I are celebrating our first anniversary. It's a big deal to both of us, since this is the longest and most successful either of us has ever had, so we wanted to do something special. Because I just started a new job, I can't really ask for time off yet to take a legitimate vacation. But because of Easter, I get a 3-day weekend. So my boyfriend and I are going to Kansas City.

I NEED to stay on track this weekend. I've been awful with my diet all week, so I need to make up for it. Luckily, the hotel we're staying at has a fitness center and a pool. I'm a morning person while my boyfriend is a night owl, so I can get in at least 30 minutes (more likely an hour) of exercise before he even wakes up. My biggest concern is the food. KC is kind of a big deal for bbq, which scares me considering the calories.

I might need some support to stick with healthier, or smaller portions of, meals this weekend. Once I get back it should be a lot easier. I'll have my kitchen and the food scale I just ordered. But until then....pray for me XP

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    These types of things happen. See if there are menus online to plan ahead but all in all it's a vacation. Enjoy yourself and track as best you can.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sometimes restaurants have nutritional information on their menus, or they have "light" menus. Granted, those are usually chain restaurants (they DO have chain restaurants in KC, right? Just kidding, I'm actually from there.) Places like IHOP and Appleby's do things like that but if you're going to eat at local restaurants, that may be a problem. :flowerforyou: