Work (need some advice)

Options
Hi everyone,
During my registration I said that I did little to no exercise. I'm home from my university Easter break and am going to work while I'm back. This evening I'm doing a 7 hour shift that will constitute of 90% walking around (bar work).

My question is, should I be counting this as extra? I put no activity because at university I barely move other than from class to class.
The job is quite fast paced, and I do sometimes get out of breath, but not majorly so.

Please help! Thank you :) xx

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. Raise your activity level, give it a few weeks, then reevaluate.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • AlexiaLupis
    AlexiaLupis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, unfortunately I can't give it a few weeks as my 'break' is only until next Sunday.
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Do you have a pedometer or a Fitbit you could wear to keep track of how many steps you are doing and/or how much activity you are getting? I would think that there would be some translation you could add for a workout if you put in 10-15K if not more steps.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's only a week. eat a bit more for the week that your activity level will be raised. don't go crazy. eat a reasonable amount extra this week and then go back to normal next week.
  • AlexiaLupis
    AlexiaLupis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help guys! I will see if there's a pedometer in the house. I don't really want to eat more but I normally have an energy drink around 2am to see me through the last 4 hours! Which is 115kcals in itself. Thank you x
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I'd just count it as bonus calories burned, but doowutchyalike.