Milestone...Just Keep Going Even if Discouraged

Options
litaf201
litaf201 Posts: 16 Member
I just wanted to share this and I don't even know if anyone would read it. I hit a milestone today and am at a weight I haven't seen for about 6 years. I have lost 11 lbs in 2 months and it has and has not been that hard. There have been a few times where I have "fallen off the wagon" and partied too much and ate junk food uncontrollably, but in my head I just hear "just keep going". When I put something on that I thought would fit better than it did, I think "just keep going". My original goal was to lose about 16 lbs in total, and maybe that's not a lot, but those 16 lbs caused havoc on my self-esteem. I notice myself wearing less makeup, flatter shoes and just being more the real me again, more comfortable in my own skin. I hit a plateau for 3 weeks to a month and I was really getting discouraged. I got sick (nothing major, a bad cold) and didn't hit the gym for a week. I lost 4 lbs, it stayed off even after going back to the gym. I have to say thank you to this board, this app, and all the people who post. I have learned so much about portion size, calories burned and general fitness. It really has helped my motivation since I don't have anyone around me on the same journey. Thanks myfitnesspal and JUST KEEP GOING!!!

Replies

• sashafischang
    sashafischang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just keep going is a great mantra! Congrats on your success. I think you are going to blow past your original goal of 16 pounds!
  • jennie5693
    jennie5693 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I aknowledge your effort. I'm right there with ya :) Just keep going!
  • litaf201
    litaf201 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments...made me smile and added more motivation!
  • Chendalla
    Options
    Way to go!! I am so glad I saw your post as I too need to just keep going. especially when I dip into the m&m dispenser first thing in the morning. But like you ill just keep going. Thanks for sharing, sometimes we think we are alone. We are not. Keep up the good work!!! I am leaving work and headed straight to the gym. Ill start it all again tomorrow! :smile:
  • chickauthentic
    Options
    Really great post, so glad I read it :) and congratulations on your progress!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just keep going and (some days) I am "just keep coming back"! Persistence is everything
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I had a few weeks with minimal or no loss, and was a bit discouraged - but keeping at it will get me closer to my goal than stopping, even if it's very slow progress.
    This week I had a totally awesome loss which brought my total loss to just over 20lbs - a smidge under 10 kgs. I wouldn't have reached this point if I gave up a few weeks ago!

Great sentiment, thanks for the post. :-D
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, it is slow going for me too! The scale is not moving as much as I am toning and losing inches. I can see a difference in my body but I wish the scale would be moving too. I have lost 10lbs since January and I am like you; some days stay right on track others treat myself. I keep reminding myself this is for the long haul & if I have more good days than bad eventually I will get there. I can't give up treat forever so I figure I will just eat them in moderation and Keep On Going!:smile:
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    Bless you for saying that, I needed to hear it...just keep going!!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and THANK YOU for the reminder & pick-me-up :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!