Am I really going crazy?

Options
I have lost about thirty pounds this year in about 7 months went from 150 to 121 and just two weeks ago I started having this crazy feelings of doom. Like I was just sitting in class and randomly has agitation and wanted to kill myself and had severe depression.i went to the doctor and he told me to stop losing weight and stop going on a diet. I was possibly going on the road to an eating disorder (hair thinning and menstrual cycle stopping) however i didnt stop losing these restless feelings until this week. I started having extreme SADNESS and wanted full isolation. Now i have this thoughts
Because I think I'm going to die soon because one of my friends who died last year also felt depressed wanted isolation and even lost her appetititr. Plus I'm going out of country next month and fear that I'm going to die in a plane crash. Everyday i search up my symptoms on google and im so scared I might get schizophrenia or psychosis :'-( in the night Inwoke up and I thought something was in the closet ! I thought maybe that is one of the side effects of a new medicine I'm taking St Johns Wort. Also thinking about just regular stuff makes me feel uneasy sometimes . Wht is wrong with me I was so perfect and normal before weightloss and I know Im not crazy but I dont want to die young. On the internet i read that people know when they are going to die and lose interest in everything like me right now. Please help and dont tell me to go to the doctor I was never like this it just started! Plus I want to cry but the tears dont even Come out!!! Is this anxiety ?

Replies

• kirsty140185
    kirsty140185 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ST johns wort does come with these side effects and f you spoke to your gp they would probably advise you to stop taking it, it's not for everyone. It does sound like you have anxiety (same as me) but your anxious about your anxiety, which is a never ending problem. Do you have any family or friends you can talk to about this? It helps to get all your problems of your chest, or could you write them down? This will help you to compartmentalise your issues and tackle them one by one.

Hope this helps
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    St. John's Wort was REALLY bad for me, it made my depression WORSE actually. I'd advise you to stop taking it (you'll want to look up if you should taper off it or not, or even ask your doctor).
    Also, if you have thinning hair and you're affecting your menstrual cycle, you really SHOULD be careful about your diet. A poor/inadequate diet can lead to increased depression and anxiety as well.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    These are the kinds of things that really should be taken up with a medical professional. Talk to your doctor and see what kind of resources you have around you for counseling. It sounds like you could benefit from talking about these feelings with someone.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ASK YOUR DOCTOR. Yes, I'm yelling.

Your doctor told you to stop dieting. Did you?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    ASK YOUR DOCTOR. Yes, I'm yelling.

Your doctor told you to stop dieting. Did you?

THIS!!!

After reading your post history I am DEFINITELY going to say go ASK YOUR DOCTOR.
  • Stormykitty
    Stormykitty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Please check into Two Essential Self-Calming Skills November9, 1990 By Becki A. Hein MS,LPC, Anxiety

"When you catch yourself creating scary stories about the future, bring yourself back to the present moment" Focus on breathing deep long inhales and exhale as much air as you can. That makes extra space in the lungs. As you breath focus on your physical changes chest rising and falling, abdomen moving even the temperature of the air you breath in.

I googled the author so much more in her blogs.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Please check into Two Essential Self-Calming Skills November9, 1990 By Becki A. Hein MS,LPC, Anxiety

"When you catch yourself creating scary stories about the future, bring yourself back to the present moment" Focus on breathing deep long inhales and exhale as much air as you can. That makes extra space in the lungs. As you breath focus on your physical changes chest rising and falling, abdomen moving even the temperature of the air you breath in.

I googled the author so much more in her blogs.

This girl needs more help than a book can give her.

I'd suggest that her psychological problems MIGHT be linked to nutritional deficiencies from her eating disorder.

In any case she NEEDS THE HELP OF A DOCTOR.
  • Stormykitty
    Options
    Forgot to add please do go and see a Doctor and I would also consider a therapist where you can share your thought and feeling and get the appropriate help you need.
  • Stormykitty
    Options
    I apologize I did not intend for it to be a "cure" but a tool to utilize until she could get to a provider for the help she needs.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Forgot to add please do go and see a Doctor and I would also consider a therapist where you can share your thought and feeling and get the appropriate help you need.

:flowerforyou: