Cubicle Hell

Options

Replies

• iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my cube has a window, and there are only 4 cubes in the whole office, so it's not like its a total cube farm.
  • LFernan85
    LFernan85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me!!

cubicle.jpg

sobbing-cubicle-warning-sign-workplace-ecards-someecards.png

The last one is pure magic
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Def rocking cubical hell.

I survive with headphones and spotify/pandora
  • LaurenC619
    LaurenC619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Haha.. Zx14chick I don't take offense at it, because it's true...

My boss and coworkers, who all work in cubicles in the actual office area (yes, there is one, where I had a desk before I got moved in here), like to come in here and complain about the noise in cube land... I'd love to switch with them!!!

Ok done complaining.... I swear.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Cubicle pergatory. You'll never escape. Evil :devil: :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I was in a cube farm for many years. Now my cube is nestled inside my very own office... with a window. :happy:
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I do, farms and farms of cubibles, sucking the life out of everyone who works in them.

Well, you are a mannequin, so...
  • Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm lucky. Front desk. Biggest desk in the office, biggest office in the building, and two walls that are completely filled with windows. Oh, and no one really stops by and the phones ring maybe 15 times a day. So I get all the perks...without actually having to deal with the public. Life is...pretty good!

Downside: My boss can be a real jerk. Constantly complains when I eat brocolli or fish or anything he can smell. Literally threw my breakfast away one morning, and then put the microwave OUTSIDE for me to use.

Yeah....he can be mean.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I get to hide and work from the heart of the building a.k.a.the server room. The entirety of the radio station actually calls it "The Cave" and refer to me as the troll who lives in it.
  • cclarkcts
    cclarkcts Posts: 97
    Options
    I am in my cube right now. :grumble:
  • new_me_14
    new_me_14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    in my cube right now :(
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    In my cube now too :] Mine is right between two work friends, so it's pretty nice because we can chat when we're bored.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yep - same here... in the middle of a small sales office with people talking on the phone all the time.... I can't hear myself think or type all my comments on the forums here... lol

Edited to add: they are not actually even 'cubicles' they are several groupings of four desks facing each other divided by half walls that allow me to see the head of the person sitting in the desk facing me. I can reach out and slap him if I want to.... and sometimes. I really, really want to....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Don't really have a cubicle. I'm in a two person office. My boss has an office in the front with a big window. I have the whole back of the office: 3 desks, two computers, the copy machines, bathroom and kitchen. My area is separated by a chest high desk and divider with a door in it.
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Downside: My boss can be a real jerk. Constantly complains when I eat brocolli or fish or anything he can smell. Literally threw my breakfast away one morning, and then put the microwave OUTSIDE for me to use.

Yeah....he can be mean.

Not gonna lie, I'd be driven nuts if I were him too. I doubt I'd be aggressive like that about it, but I certainly get annoyed when co-workers eat particularly nasty smelling food in the workplace.

I save my smelly fish and veggies for my home meals (for the record I love eating these things, but the smell is certainly offensive when it's not your meal).
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    How about that one chick trimming her nails behind me? .... shudder.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I get to hide and work from the heart of the building a.k.a.the server room. The entirety of the radio station actually calls it "The Cave" and refer to me as the troll who lives in it.

The owner of the company I work for got a sign made up for the NOC door reading, "Do Not Open. Never. Not Even In An Emergency!". Keeps the riff-raff out and for that, I thank him daily. :laugh:
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yep cubicle hell
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Wave*

My supervisor is on the phone as I type. I have two co-workers chattering behind me non-stop in a language I do not understand.

Yes, it is cubicle hell.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Well I work in a cubical farm but I wouldn't call hell, in fact I enjoy it, the banter that we all have is great. We give each other crap all the time of course most of us are prior military and that's what we do.
    I guess for me I also have a knack for making the best of any situation.