Not new, but needs some help

Hey!

So I'm not new to MFP, I've been using it off and on for a few years. But nothing has worked for me. I've been trying to be more active and healthier to lose weight but I keep falling back more and more. A lot of it is my lack of motivation. My friends, family and boyfriend aren't very supportive whenever I say that I'm trying to be healthier and lose weight.

And now I'm just tired of trying to do this on my own and obviously failing.

I'd like to make some friends with some similar stats to me for some mutual motivation, but really I don't care who you are or where you've come from as long as you're positive.

I'm 23/F and 5'6.5". My CW is 203lb, my HW was 210, and my UGW is 145.
I also live in Tucson so if anyone lives there then we should be friends. Especially if you like hiking because the hiking friend I had doesn't want to go any more and it's more fun with friends then on your own.

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hi Katie,
    My name is Kim and I can relate to your story. My weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! My Hubby and I went hiking the other day, I really enjoy it too! If you keep at it, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?
  • ellenmg
    ellenmg Posts: 26 Member
    Welcome ... again!
    That sucks your friends and family aren't being supportive. Are they just jealous? Could you get one of them to get on board and talk a walk with you every once in a while? Maybe once they started, they'd like the healthier lifestyle. That's assuming these other friends and family have weight to lose, maybe they just don't want to admit they want to.
    Feel free to add me!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Let's be friends...I too have been on and off here for a few years. My SW was 293 before coming to MFP. I logged in my first entry at 273lbs in October of 2012. My CW is 238 and my UGW is 180. I am 55 years old (in May) and 5'5". I got down to 213 last May and then hit a terrible depression and gained back 30 pounds! I was recently diagnosed with Celiacs desease and have a very high gluten intolerance. I was in pain all the time, bloated all the time, retaining so much water I could not bend my fingers or move my rings. It hurt to lift my coffee mug in the morning. So now I have had to start learning how to eat all over again and I have to be VERY careful about the foods I eat or I get really sick. I am really going to do it this time and this time keep it off because I sure felt marvelous without the 80 pounds. Clothes feel better, legs dont hurt, I sleep better and have so much more energy. So add me! I would love to be your friend with common history!
  • Welcome ... again!
    That sucks your friends and family aren't being supportive. Are they just jealous? Could you get one of them to get on board and talk a walk with you every once in a while? Maybe once they started, they'd like the healthier lifestyle. That's assuming these other friends and family have weight to lose, maybe they just don't want to admit they want to.
    Feel free to add me!

Well I recently moved to Arizona and have no family here, and the friends that I have here are friends of my boyfriends. And all of them are in the "I'm going to sit around an chug beer all day every day and just complain about how I'm fat but not actually do anything about it" phase. I've tried to get one of them on board as a hiking partner with me, but that didn't last very long. My boyfriend is a stick and whenever I suggest he go running with me or if I got a gym membership he could go take a class with me or something like that he always says that he doesn't need to lose weight so he doesn't want to go.

And it sucks whenever I'm with them and I say that I don't want to drink or want to order a salad at a restaurant instead of something greasy they make fun of me and start trying to peer pressure me into doing what they're doing.

So, it just sucks. And since I'm still new to the city/state I don't have my own personal friends and that's also hard.