Runners - I have a sneaker question...

2»

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    I once bought 4 pair of the exact same shoe because I liked them so much and I knew they would change with the new model year. I would have bought more, but the finance committee would have thrown a hissy fit.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    It woud be silly NOT to buy an extra pair! I've been running in the same 2 pairs of one model of a running shoe I loved until the new model came out this year, because the in-between model KILLED my heels. If you find a shoe that feels like heaven on your feet, stock up! You never know how the next model might change!
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Since when did women need a reason to buy another pair of shoes anyway?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    If the running shoe works for you, (good support, corrects any ankle wobble pronation/supination issues, protects you feet from the surface you run on (street, rubber track, rocky trails, etc), and the tread doesn't wear down too quickly, then you've found the perfect shoe. Most running shoes should last 300+ miles, or the tread/upper isn't up to your gait and strike pattern. My husband wears through most running shoes at the heel in around 150 miles, but the ones that build up the heel better last ~500; a pretty huge difference in lifetime costs! I wear through most women's running shoes at about the same rate, at around 300 miles, tearing the upper rather than wearing through the tread. Each of us varies, and it takes a while to hone in on the best shoe for you. Once you find it, it's like bad romance-level love. ;)

The styles of most running shoes change every year (women's styles quickly go out of production, sometimes every 6 months). If it's not a model that's been carried for years and years unchanged, then buy several for backups when the current pair eventually wears through.

Use the pair that's worn out and longer ideal for running as your everyday sneaker (still comfy as heck, but not so great for high impact use). That's what we do in our house! :)

IDK... it seems like Saucony changes their sneaks a lot. It seems like they keep some styles, but upgrade and change them. I struggle with shoes rubbing on my heels. Always my darn heels... even when they fit right. This didn't rub at all.

http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteController/saucony/womensexcursiontr7/4-113570/catId/cat10002/stockNumber/15170-4/skuId/***4********15170-4*M050/subCatId/cat1220398/showDefaultOption/true/productdetails

Ha, I was wondering what shoes they were--I love love love Saucony shoes. I have three pairs of the Excursions alone, and another model I can't remember the name of. My problem is with my arch and toe box. Saucony is the only ones I found that take care of both. Very comfortable, stable shoe.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Since when did women need a reason to buy another pair of shoes anyway?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, yeah, this is true. At least for me...
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I have 4 shoes in rotation right now.

My Brooks Ghosts...which are near the end of their life span and will be retiring here in the next 100 miles or so.
    My Brooks Cascadias...which are my trail shoes.
    My Brooks Pure Flow...which I am using to slowly transition down into minimalist.
    And finally my Brooks Transcends...which I use for long runs.

Can you tell I am a little bias about my brand? lol But...Brooks works for me lol.